MikeP

TAN code Wanted for Cruise Control

9 posts in this topic

Can someone generate the TAN codes for Cruise Control for WMEAJ00F06J284014.

This is an 11 year old Pulse diesel in Canada that I have been having trouble getting an MDC Cruise Control to work and it has killed the car twice. I'll be taking the car in again and wondered if I could activate the internal cruise control system while it's being fixed.

Please let me know if you can help to my e-mail at gmail period com with the name of mpupeza.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike 

If you use a clone Star, it is best to set it up for TAN free coding. There is a guide for that on Evilution. 

If a dealer is doing it, it's easy.  Three Point Motors did mine after a SAM failure.

Stickman007 et al;

As far as I know, my guru has a clone Star system and it uses a program  that starts with an X for inputting the TAN code. He showed me that there are 3 blocks of 4 boxes that have to be inputted as a TAN Code (12 characters). He did have a TAN code generator that got corrupted and he will try to find another computer guru to fix that. He can, however, input a known valid TAN code if I can get it.

Mike .....>

The only reason for the TAN coding was for Mercedes to generate income.  Dealer would request a TAN code from Germany and dealer was charged for the code.  Stickman should disable the TAN code request in Star.  As already stated the instructions for how to do that is on Evilution.  Search "TAN code".

Yup! Mine is already bypassed (9.2014 Xentry).

However, the earlier versions of the hacked TAN calculators are only equipped to code keys. None of the other features will work. If you search hard enough (not sure if its okay on the forum to site a different forum), you will find updated TAN calculators that do work. That being said, Tolsen is right, its so easy to disable/bypass the TAN code request on any version of clone Xentry/DAS. If you type in "bypass TAN Xentry" even in Google, there will be a huge amount of resources and instructions on how to do that.

@Tolsen,

Just out of curiosity, are there any non-MB systems that can enable special functions? I would eventually like to go with legit systems.

Winstar can enable a few functions but is very limited in what it can do. Wurth WOW and Delphi as well.