smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,324 posts in this topic

Life: It's not about waiting for the storm to pass ... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

“All wish to possess knowledge, but few, comparatively speaking, are willing to pay the price.” ~ Juvenal

“We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” ~ Albert Einstein

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ~ George Bernard Shaw

1 hour ago, smartzuum said:

Once in awhile, I have to respond with something...

hypocrisy-religion-vs-atheism-demotivational-poster-1287259719.jpg

A numbers of humans, especially those from Europe would not be here if not for Neanderthals. Modern humans and Neanderthals interbred in Europe 

Dr Manica said hybridisation between Neanderthals and humans can never be disproved entirely

Now that I am on the outside, I could chirp in and say that this belongs in community chatter! 

Keith altered the description of this forum some years back, but originally it was intended to house only smart-based discussions.

My thought for the day: I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy (Tom Waits)

I started this this thread last September in hopes that people would post uplifting and meaningful ‘thoughts for the day’.

You know, the type of comment or quote that makes you stop and think, reflect and absorb.... sort of ‘words to live by’.

I hoped there’d be no political and zero religious comments appear, as they’re more debatable than thought points.

I also hoped that there would be no direct comments on any current news items, as this is not the place.

So let’s lay off politics, religion, corruption, current news and anything else negative that CNN and Fox fight over.

Think about words you’ve heard that may have made a difference in you life, or maybe could or should have.

Think positive.  There’s already too much negativity in the world.  The world has a long history of profound thinkers.

Look for the ‘UPs’, the ‘SMILEs’, the ‘HAPPYs’, the things that make us all think and/or reflect within ourselves.

Song lyrics can be uplifting and thought-provoking, and yet can be happy, as Mike T’s post above proves.

If I read a few historic quotes each day, one will stick in my mind and become my ‘thought for the day’.

“It is better to rust out than wear out.” ~ Edwin Markham

1 person likes this

“The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” ~ Paul Valery

Edited by smartnhappy