smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,330 posts in this topic

Quote of the Day: “It seems to me that any action that arbitrarily limits the citizen's access to sight, sound and print, upon which opinion can be based, is, in the true sense of the phrase, un-American.” ~Edward R. Murrow

Quote of the Day: A true conservationist is a person who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” ~John James Audubon

Quote of the Day: “I believe life is an intelligent thing: that things aren’t random.” ~Steve Jobs

Quote of the day: Don't worry about avoiding temptation as you grow older, it will avoid you -- Winston Churchill

Quote of the Day: “I can't disguise myself with a wig and dark glasses—the wheelchair gives me away.” ~Stephen Hawking

Laugh at yourselves occasionally, it’ll help keep you sane.

Quote of the Day: “I think an artist has always to be out of step with his time.” ~Orson Welles

Quote of the Day: “When television is good, nothing—not the theater, not the magazines or newspapers—nothing is better. But when television is bad, nothing is worse.” ~Newton Minow

Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example – Mark Twain

Quote of the Day:Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Quote of the Day: “We owe a lot to Thomas Edison. If it wasn’t for him, we’d be watching television by candlelight.” ~Milton Berle

Quote of the Day: “Life without risks is not worth living.” ~Charles Lindbergh
On this Day: In 1927, Charles Lindbergh touches down at Le Bourget Field in Paris, completing the world's first solo nonstop flight across the Atlantic Ocean.

Quote of the Day: “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” ~Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Quote of the Day: “The best thinking has been done in solitude. The worst has been done in turmoil.” ~Thomas Edison

Quote of the Day: “Yesterday's just a memory, tomorrow is never what it's supposed to be.” ~Bob Dylan

Quote of the Day: “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote of the Day: “Freedom of the press is not an end in itself but a means to the end of achieving a free society.” ~Felix Frankfurter

Retirement is that time in life when you never do all those things you said you wanted to do if you had the time.

Quote of the Day: “Television is like the invention of indoor plumbing. It didn't change people's habits. It just kept them inside the house.” ~Alfred Hitchcock

Quote of the Day: “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ~John Steinbeck