smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,324 posts in this topic

"As America celebrates Memorial Day, we pay tribute to those who have given their lives in our nation’s wars." - John M. McHugh

"Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it." - Mark Twain

1 person likes this

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." - Ernest Hemingway

"I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable." - Bob Hope

"The world is before you and you need not take it or leave it as it was when you came in." - James Baldwin

"Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ But the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’" - Steve Jobs

On 6/5/2020 at 0:46 PM, smartnhappy said:

"Older people sit down and ask, ‘What is it?’ But the boy asks, ‘What can I do with it?’" - Steve Jobs

I'm 61 years old and still ask What can I do with it?

Guess I never grew up either.

"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." - Judy Garland

"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for; perfection is God’s business." - Michael J. Fox

"You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over." - Richard Branson

"They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night." - Edgar Allen Poe

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” - Edith Wharton

"They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself." - Andy Warhol