smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,324 posts in this topic

"If you steal from one author it’s plagiarism; if you steal from many it’s research." - Wilson Mizner

"I believe every human has a finite number of heart beats. I don’t intend to waste any of mine" - Neil Armstrong

"The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed." - Bennett Cerf

1 person likes this

“To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone” – Reba McIntire

"Either you deal with what is the reality, or you can be sure that the reality is going to deal with you. " - Alex Haley

"Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go." - Napoleon Bonaparte

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow men. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self." - Ernest Hemingway

1 person likes this

"I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.'" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Note - this iconic speech took place in the United States 57 years ago today.  Unfortunately we are all currently baring witness as to how little an impact this single idea and these famous words have had on the whole of North America.