smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,330 posts in this topic

“Reading is an exercise in empathy; an exercise in walking in someone else’s shoesfor a while.” ~ Malorie Blackman

"A well developed sense of humor is the pole that adds balance to your steps as you walk the tightrope of life." - William Arthur Ward

I am getting really fed up by this idiotic thread. It should be promptly deleted as has no relevance to Smart cars. 

To tolsen -

I’ve always thought of Smart car owners as mostly smart people.... forward thinking and intelligent.  My thought in starting this thread was to make smart people think for a moment about what writers and scholars have thought and spoken about.  Only the smartest people on earth might not benefit in any way from other people’s ideas.  While having very little to do with Smart cars, I believe this thread serves it’s planned purpose.... to entertain at times and to make smart people think.  Mark Twain was published for years in the New England Journal of Medicine, yet he was far from a doctor.  Why not just read the posts and think about them.  Someone else’s thought or idea might just have meaning for you.  Or just ignore the thread.  It’s up to you.  

btw.... you’re the only one that has ever complained.
Bill (smartnhappy)
1 person likes this

"Fight for the things you care about, but do it in a way that will lead others to join you." - Ruth Bader Ginsburg

1 person likes this

"You just don’t know in life. Life knocks you about and pushes you over boundaries. But be ready. Do your homework; that’s all I can say." - Julie Andrews

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which -- To burn! ~ Leadwing