smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

1,330 posts in this topic

Quote of the Day: “Man is so made that when anything fires his soul, impossibilities vanish.” ~ Jean de La Fontaine

"Patience, Humility, Manners, and Taste, common schools and kindergartens, industrial and technical schools, literature and tolerance, -all these spring from knowledge and culture, the children of the university.  So must men and nations build, not otherwise, not upside down."  W. E. B. Du Bois

Quote of the Day:  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” ~

Mark Twain

Quote of the Day: “Perfection is attained by slow degrees; it requires the hand of time.” ~ Voltaire

On this Day: 1876, Alexander Graham Bell receives the patent for the telephone.

Quote of the Day: “In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” ~ Albert Camus

“Any man who can drive safely while kissing a pretty girl is simply not giving the kiss the attention it deserves.”

Albert Einstein

Ya, surprised me too.   Albert Einstein.   Who’da thunk it.

Nothing as deep as Albert Einstein, but here goes ....... "If not for the last minute, nothing would ever get done" - R.N.S.

1 person likes this

This(2.4L 5 speed man)

39307364015_original.jpg

Gets better fuel economy than this (3.5L auto 5)

2006-Chrysler-300-008.jpg

The truck uses 2L/100km less fuel. Ths is more common than i thought, SUV's and small trucks usually get around the same fuel economy as sedans. The running costs are basically the same too. I wish someone told me that when i was younger. I used to daily drive a first gen mx5 in the north of BC(painful in winter but i loved the car) and I averaged 8.5l/100km. If i would have known i could have had a truck like the first picture for the SAME running costs(and price) i would have probably switched.

Quote of the Day: 'It would not be much of a universe if it wasn't home to the people you love.' ~

Professor Stephen Hawking  Jan 8, 1942 - Mar 14, 2018

Quote of the Day: “Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious.” ~ Stephen Hawking

My favourite Saint Patrick’s Day thought...... In heaven there ain’t no beer; that’s why we drink it here.