smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

330 posts in this topic

Quote of the Day: "Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” ~Theodore Roosevelt

Quote of the Day: “They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate.” ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt

On this Day: In 1944, D-Day changes the course of history as the Battle of Normandy begins.

Quote of the Day: “If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude.” ~Maya Angelou

Hmmm.  So you don't like the NSDAP party being in power in 1933.  Can't change it......change your attitude?  Yeah, no! :lol:

Quote of the Day: “War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.” ~George Orwell

On this Day: In 1949, George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four was published.

Quote of the Day: “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” ~Anne Frank

Quote of the Day:I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” ~Thomas Watson, IBM (in 1943)

Quote of the Day: “Whoever controls the media, controls the mind.” ~Jim Morrison

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “Freedom of the press is not just important to democracy, it is democracy.” ~Walter Cronkite

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “Baseball is ninety percent mental and the other half is physical.” ~Yogi Berra

Note - not looking for a flood of Yogi Berra quotes..... there’s another thread covering them.

It used to be that you went without things so you could have money, now, you go without money to have things

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.” ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote of the Day: Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” ~ Abraham Lincoln

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “The happiness of the bee and the dolphin is to exist. For man it is to know that and to wonder at it.” Jacques Cousteau

Quote of the Day: “In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.” ~Paul McArtney

Quote of the Day: “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.” ~Harry S. Truman

4 hours ago, smartnhappy said:

Quote of the Day: “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.” ~Harry S. Truman

Or,

“If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” ~Søren Kierkegaard

"You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old" - George Burns

Quote of the Day: “I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.” ~E.B. White

Quote of the Day: “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Quote of the Day: “Television is chewing gum for the eyes.” ~Frank Lloyd Wright

"I do not drink, I do not smoke, I do not eat meat, and that is why I am 100% fit." - Mr A. Hitler, Berlin.

"I drink, I smoke, I eat meat, and that is why I am 200% fit." - Mr W. Churchill Esq, London.

I know who's advice I'll be following on that score.

1 person likes this