smartnhappy

Thoughts for the Day

379 posts in this topic

Quote of the Day: “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” ~Nelson Mandela

“Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words” ~ Dorothy Parker

Quote of the Day: “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” ~Mark Twain

Quote of the Day: “No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar.” ~Abraham Lincoln

Quote of the Day: “The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” ~Henry David Thoreau

Quote of the Day: “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.”
~George Burns

:)

Quote of the Day: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but the capacity to act despite our fears.” ~John McCain

"I'll drop round later to watch the football."  Rod Hull.

Quote of the Day: “Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.” ~George Carlin

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.” ~Saul Bellow

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter.” ~George Washington

Quote of the Day: “A fool and his money are soon elected.” ~Will Rogers

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “When the past no longer illuminates the future, the spirit walks in darkness.” ~Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote of the Day: “A man without ethics is a wild beast loosed upon this world.” ~Albert Camus

1 person likes this

Quote of the Day: “My imagination can picture no fairer happiness than to continue living for art.” ~Carol Schumann

Quote of the Day: “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.” ~Norman Cousins

Quote of the Day: “A very small degree of hope is sufficient to cause the birth of love.” ~Stendahl

Quote of the Day: “A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.” ~Mahatma Gandhi

"I always carry a knife in case there's cheesecake.  Or in case I need to stab someone in the throat."

General 'Mad Dog' Mattis.

Quote of the Day: “And I have exposed myself to art so that my work has something beyond just the usual potter.” ~Beatrice Wood