booneylander

Any interest in an Eastern Ontario / Western QC get together?

8 posts in this topic

Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in having a get together somewhere in the Kingston/Ottawa/Montreal kind of corridor this fall?

It's too bad because there are many many Smart Cars i see now a days driving around....you'd think some of them would want to belong to a Smart Club....I'm trying here where i am to get some interest but very few are willing.....I hand out business type cards asking if anyone is interested with my phone number and email address and so far only 2...!   I have seen up to 12 different Smarts within a 20 mile radius of my house and I live almost in the country!  Bottom righthand corner of Lake Simcoe area..Pefferlaw.  I'd be willing to drive an hour away to get a club going on a semi or weekly meet type thing.  I'd even drive hours to a big meet up etc....It's just too bad no-one is willing to get involved IMHO.

I used to drive from London to attend meets held in Kingston but the nightmare of going through Toronto traffic at any time of the day or  night is more than I can bare these days.  If not for that, I would be interested.

1 person likes this

I also can relate to that drive through or into Toronto if one doesn't deal with it on a daily basis, it's just not worth the trouble. I live an hour and a half north and I do not venture into the city if I can avoid it like the plague!
I was hoping to get interest anywhere north of Richmond Hill to Orangeville to Peterborough and north to oriillia or slightly further if people wanted to drive it.....and meeting within this area but outside of the city.
I just got back from Newmarket and saw 3 Smarts all before 9am...so they are out there...we just need to awaken them.

Tons of smart cars around here. Back in the day I attended a meet in Kemptville/Merrickville area and we had about 15-20 cars IIRC. 

I still see tons driving around but like you guys have said, the people willing to attend a "meet" are few and far between.