booneylander

Any interest in an Eastern Ontario / Western QC get together?

10 posts in this topic

Just curious to see if anyone would be interested in having a get together somewhere in the Kingston/Ottawa/Montreal kind of corridor this fall?

It's too bad because there are many many Smart Cars i see now a days driving around....you'd think some of them would want to belong to a Smart Club....I'm trying here where i am to get some interest but very few are willing.....I hand out business type cards asking if anyone is interested with my phone number and email address and so far only 2...!   I have seen up to 12 different Smarts within a 20 mile radius of my house and I live almost in the country!  Bottom righthand corner of Lake Simcoe area..Pefferlaw.  I'd be willing to drive an hour away to get a club going on a semi or weekly meet type thing.  I'd even drive hours to a big meet up etc....It's just too bad no-one is willing to get involved IMHO.

I used to drive from London to attend meets held in Kingston but the nightmare of going through Toronto traffic at any time of the day or  night is more than I can bare these days.  If not for that, I would be interested.

1 person likes this

I also can relate to that drive through or into Toronto if one doesn't deal with it on a daily basis, it's just not worth the trouble. I live an hour and a half north and I do not venture into the city if I can avoid it like the plague!
I was hoping to get interest anywhere north of Richmond Hill to Orangeville to Peterborough and north to oriillia or slightly further if people wanted to drive it.....and meeting within this area but outside of the city.
I just got back from Newmarket and saw 3 Smarts all before 9am...so they are out there...we just need to awaken them.

Tons of smart cars around here. Back in the day I attended a meet in Kemptville/Merrickville area and we had about 15-20 cars IIRC. 

I still see tons driving around but like you guys have said, the people willing to attend a "meet" are few and far between. 

I can certainly say that Canada is a fabulous place! Nature fascinates, falls in love and does not let you go. There really is something to see. I think an active holiday in Canada is suitable for those who love waterfalls, national parks, mountains, animals and clean fresh air.

I have already trodden the road. I fly to Toronto, always rent a car in the same place https://iversta.com/ . And go! Enter in Google 8 the most beautiful places in Canada. There was my first trip and took 3 weeks:) Three amazing weeks:wub: Yes!

Welcome to the site....and yes you are right, Canada has plenty to offer the person who likes a driving holiday experience, that's for sure.   BUT....I would venture far away from my Toronto area as i do and venture west far west, then turn northwards.  I have been bitten by the far north bug. I have been 5 times  out there in and on one mode or other of transport over the years. I first went out in the family car towing a tent trailer to BC Vancouver etc......beautiful, but all larger cities are alike. Yes very different but alike. Second time in a 1947 Willys Cj2a Jeep, camping.....to drive the upper alpine mining trails near Kaslow....spectacular!  The next 3 times by motorcycle across to BC then up the centre between the mountain ranges to Dawson City then even further up to Inuvik. Again fantastic.....I am now back to 4 wheels and am going this time in a Smart car back top Dawson City then up to Tuktiuktuk sitting on the arctic ocean as they have finished the Dempster Highway which gets your toes to the Arctic Ocean now.  Yes far longer than 3 week tour, but no reason to start in Toronto, fly to Edmonton and start there.  The scenery is breath taking to say the least. The wild life is unbelievable, you simply stop counting the different types of animals as the list gets too high! You'll drive through a herd of Bisson in northern BC, watch bears and elk, deer, Linx(that one was rare) all at the side of the roadways.....all day.....and night. And IF you go near the summer soltice you'll be able to see clearly 23 hours a day as it rarely gets dark.

So there you go, another drive holiday planned out and ready for you to go.

Yes Ontario and northern Quebec has some very nice places to go and experience, but sorry to say, nothing like the far north west....I've ridden all over Canada on my motorcycle and seen most of it, I try and steer clear of the normal touristy traps areas. I camp mostly in the outdoors and venture to a campsite maybe 3 times a week at most. No motels or hotels, they are simply an expensive bedroom with bugs....lol.  Many think I'm nuts for camping, but....you'll see more and experience the real atmosphere if you do...but I expect you first must like camping...lol.

Enjoy Canada however you decide to visit us....even better in a Smart...lol