Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ourtinycar

smart car new to me

10 posts in this topic

Hi New to smart ownership.We purchased a 2004 convertible with 14xxx miles on it and we are really enjoying it. I'm in the Midwest (USA) Looking forward to learning about it.

Mark

Welcome, Mark.  Do you think you could let me know the last 6 digits of the VIN?  I have a registry of US legal first generation smarts.

Thanks!  It's new to my list, and joins 141 others.  What's the colour, options, etc?

It's black and silver cabriolet  with a/c , power windows and automatic stick shift. Is there any place to an owners/ service book for it? It came with just a cd and a small amount of paper

Thanks,Mark

Thanks, I think there are (or were) online owners manuals in pdf at the smart.com website.

Welcome to the club!

I have an extra manual. Send me a pm with your address and I'll mail it to you.

Thought this was interesting info on the first generation USA  smartcars  as of 2007 the number of imported was 1025  that were either 2004 2005 or 2006 models of which 20% were cabrios and the rest coupes. These were all imported by Ron Gaus. I  Don't know how many other early cars were imported as where in the country. Has anyone heard or have one of the medallions that were produced  These have the vin number, model year and release number as provided by the department. Found this info in some paperwork with my 04 car.

Mark