SmartElectric

Smart ED 453 - APP

12 posts in this topic

Have any Smart ED 453 owners connected with this web application?

https://www.smart.com/en/en/index/app-center/app-center.html

The smart control app.

Stay in touch with your smart electric drive at all times: smart control offers numerous connected car functions. You can view the range, state of charge and a whole range of other information related to your vehicle. You can also start the pre-entry climate control process conveniently via web app while your vehicle is charging on the grid.

App link:

https://app-453.secure.smart.com/app/#/choose

To me it's a bit redundant. I've already looked at all these functions while in the car and, I'm unlikely to forget them

before the next time I get in. As far as the pre-entry climate process, it's a couple of clicks before departing...;)

We don't have set departure times.  Would be nice to be able to "warm/cool" it before unplugging and leaving.

2 people like this

I'm waiting for the dealer to get back to me on the required steps to enable the app.

So far, this wasn't listed in their training, and their internal information site (I looked over his shoulder) had no details on the new 453 app, even if it had the details for the 2013-6 ED's.

That's the link, this web-app should work, but my dealer didn't have any documentation in their training system for it, there were other 453 documents, but nothing for apps.

I've got him looking into it, as I haven't yet filled out the survey they sent for the purchase, and I advised him that a perfect 10 would include getting the app to work.  He he.  :-)

I was given a VVC code, the same type of code provided when I got my 2013 Smart ED.

However, the code does not allow use of the old app with the new car.

The new app (just a website actually) does not work, it's a demo...

VERY frustrated with Daimler, once again they produce all sorts of #fail when Tesla get's these things perfect.

I will be sadly leaving my Smart ED in the driveway when my Model 3 is available for delivery next year.

Not being able to pre-condition the cabin is super frustrating on a -22C day like today.