GRP151

Odometer displays ------- while running. Then displays after off

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

After I was successful in removing the 3 bars of death in a previous post which included a no start problem, my multiplexer did show at the time a conflict with SAM and ECU. Although comments came in regarding this mismatch in my other post I assumed it wasn't valid because the car is running, I am still not quite sure how that would work. Everything I have been reading indicates all three components SAM, ECU and Odometer must be programmed together otherwise its a no go.One member commented the shifter also needed to be included but that was incorrect .

All dash warning lights are lighting up and appear to be in working order on startup. Pressing the selector button on the side cycles through (temp,trip,and this ------ for odometer) with no signs of a problem except no current odometer reading when running. The only way I can see the current display is to turn the car off, let it sit for a while, then the odometer will display.

Edited by GRP151

If I understand this link correctly it would appear that swapping an Odometer from one car to another will work without the need to reprogramming it, except the error that will appear is the ------- in the odometer reading.

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue since I do not have any other odometer that came with it to clone it.

I wonder if there is another work around besides MB emptying my wallet?

Good to know.  I have my car's original SAM with a dead fuel pump circuit in a sealed bag in the garage....

21 hours ago, GRP151 said:

If I understand this link correctly it would appear that swapping an Odometer from one car to another will work without the need to reprogramming it, except the error that will appear is the ------- in the odometer reading.

I'm not sure how to resolve this issue since I do not have any other odometer that came with it to clone it.

I wonder if there is another work around besides MB emptying my wallet?

No answer to this question Tolsen?

Clone your SAM.  Have it done by someone that can if you cannot figure it out yourself.

39 minutes ago, tolsen said:

Clone your SAM.  Have it done by someone that can if you cannot figure it out yourself.

Not sure if you understood GRP's question but he asked if you swap odometers will the car still run and if so will it display ------ as an indicator.

If you don't know Tolsen why bother talking about cloning the SAM? What does that have to do with the question? He mentioned in another post he desoldered the module from the SAM and reinstalled it into one that didn't have a cracked board and got the car running.

2 hours ago, GetSmart said:

Not sure if you understood GRP's question but he asked if you swap odometers will the car still run and if so will it display ------ as an indicator.

If you don't know Tolsen why bother talking about cloning the SAM? What does that have to do with the question? He mentioned in another post he desoldered the module from the SAM and reinstalled it into one that didn't have a cracked board and got the car running.

What will happen when swapping odometer is 110% clear had he read link to Evilution.

1 person likes this