Jocko

Still won't rev past 3k

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

So for the last few months I've been driving my 2006 Cabrio with no boost. I've spent more than a few hours on this but the car will not rev past 3k.and yes it sucks big time. I was really hoping it would throw a code by now or anything to let me know what the hell to fix or replace, but nothing so far.

I'm going to take another crack at it. I got a EGR emulator (thanks Stickman007) and I'll do a EGR bypass.  I also plan to do another boost leak test. Anything else I should be looking at? The turbo seems to suck air and I didn't notice any play. No smoke, noise or anything that would point to something broken. No load - in neutral - pedal to the floor = 3k and no higher.

Any ideas? could the SAM do this?

One of the more common problems causing limp mode is a stuck or misadjusted wastegate valve, although it usually throws a code.

Remove the rear body panels (7 Torx bolts), good luck on removing the 2 front Torx bolts and move the wastegate arm with vice grips and lubricate with high temperature lube.

Edited by smartdriver

The EGR valve has a variable resistive feedback element which tells the ECU what position the solenoid valve is in.

It can wear and bounce causing electronic noise for which Mercedes Benz sold an accessory cable with a high value resistor placed across the resistive element to prevent the ECU from seeing an open circuit.

You didn't install the emulator?????

+

Hi guys,

No I didn't get to the emulator yet. I'm going to do it this weekend. I'll have another look a the wastegate and hose. It looked OK the last time I looked. If the emulator doesn't work I'll have to take it to the Stealership and have it put on the machine that goes bing.