Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartzuum

60 minute time limit for content editing

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone,

I have instituted a 60 minute time limit for regular members to edit their content. This is plenty of time for editing mistakes, errors, bad spelling, a momentary lapse in judgment, etcetera...

After 60 minutes - it's here to stay - you will not be able to 'delete' your posts.

As one member has pointed out, this also affects the classifieds section. I may have a work-around for that, but in the meantime, if you have an item/vehicle that is SOLD, please just message me, and I will be able to edit the title to reflect accordingly.

As posted in the other thread discussing this issue, the reason for this change is so that we can avoid having a repeat of incidents where a user throws a little temper tantrum hissy fit and purges all of their content. Like cadillacman did recently, for which Bill is now banned permanently, including the last known IP addresses. If we are able, the content will be restored. And if not, that's unfortunate that one person has ruined so many topics by removing most of their 927 posts.

Two big thumbs down Bill, if you have managed to gain access and get in here to read.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Chatbox
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More