TorqueJunkie

Brabus sound system worth anything?

4 posts in this topic

So I have an interesting sound system in my roadster: subwoofer under passenger feet and an amplifier behind the seat, with Brabus logo on it.

I have looked around and could not find anyhing like it on the net. Anyone knows any specs or where can these be purchased?

I had the equivalent in two 450 cabriolets, BRABUS subwoofers, under the driver's seat.  Flying Tiger Developments in Richmond BC may have one or two.

Factory stereo with a back-up sub is a good system..... and I’ll debate anyone, anywhere on this point.

Almost 30 years in the consumer electronics industry taught me a few things.

I’ve got the same sub under the driver’s seat in my ‘05 Passion, and one new in a box also.

Hope to put it into my Grandstyle, but have to drill out the rivets holding in the drawer under the driver’s seat first.

I’ve got an aux input in both cars (standard on the ‘06) to use my XM radio.

My GPS is also plugged into the  cigar lighter.  Quite a mess with a power splitter, custom XM mount, elastic band to hold everything together..... but it works and sounds great (until I hit a big bump).  Plan for a custom install of the XM, GPS, a dash camera and my Scanguage early into the new year.   It’ll be transferable to my ‘05 also.

That’ll be my Xmas gift to myself.  I’ll post some pictures when it’s done.

The 450 BRABUS subwoofers were made in China, original cost was $600 but we got both of ours for $100 each, brand new!  Still have one in the Canada 1 of course.