davewithabeard

davewithabeard

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi everyone. I am a newbie and a little rare, I guess because I live in UK and drive a RHD 2002 Smart Passion convertible ( maybe known as City Cabrio in US?). I have a problem after I disconnected the battery and the odomoter converted to km and the temperature gauge to Fahrenheit. I have access to a Snap On Verso.... any way that I can revert these settings? Any help will be much appreciated.

Edited by davewithabeard

welcome to here

i dont have an answer but someone who does will probably be around 

they will probably want to know what model year 

1 person likes this

Can only be done through diagnostics, MB Star/ Xentry or WinStar.  As far as I know, no other diagnostics system can carry out coding on a 2002 or older Smart 450.

I offer to do it for you for two pints of good pub ale if you can bring your Smart to Banchory, Aberdeenshire.

Hey thanks Tolsen. My daughter will be on hols from uni very soon and wants to visit Scotland in the winter. But I think even the heated seats in my Smart will not encourage me to try that!! But I might well come there soon and share a few pints of 40 shilling with you. And if you choose to visit Torquay any time we have a great local micro brewery near my home....

All the best, Dave

It is only a ten hour boring drive. Perhaps you can find someone nearer to home that can help. 

Getting temperature indication and mileage sorted is quick and easy with WinStar.  Difficult/ hard to find with MB Star/ Xentry and possible to screw it all up.  

Would be nice to visit Torquay again. Must be nearly 20 years since I was down there last. 

Not too bad. I delivered a vehicle to Aberdeen this time last year. Worst part is south of Glasgow  where they seem to have run out of money for the road improvements. But not in my Smart, I think!!