kelaog

Where do you buy your parts from?

7 posts in this topic

Hi All,

my first post on this forum! I just picked up a 2006 Smart CDI. I had it inspected by Flying Tiger prior to purchase but what I missed, and him is well, is the T-stat is stuck wide open.

I'm getting 40-60C after a long period of time with 60C being irregular. 

Where do ya'll buy parts for your Smart? Any good north american online suppliers or local supplier would be great. I generally avoid the stinging that comes with ordering parts from a dealer if I can ;) 

Thanks,

Andrew

Dealer is pretty cheap for thermostats.  Lots of aftermarket ones are crap.  Beware!

You were correct, $100 is not bad.Only about 10x more than it was for my dodge ;) But still 1/2 of what I expected the dealer to charge for this part.

Posted (edited) · Report post

germanparts dot ca

used them a few times...no problems and the parts get here quick

they have a wahler one listed for $67 right now..plus they usually have a small savings using a promo code

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Awesome! A little cheaper from the dealer after shipping but beats having to go there twice, once to pay and once to pick it up. Ridiculous they won’t just take payment over the phone or bring it in in advance of me picking it up. 

Looking Ng forward to having a fully functional smart!

I sometimes phone or email dealer to order parts. In 2007 when my high pressure fuel pump sprung a leak whilst in the most remote part of Scotland (Arnisdale where James Bond was conceived), dealer in Aberdeen sent me the repair kit without asking for payment details. Pay when you get back they said.