Spentit

Help needed with ED fault codes

8 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

My 2017 ED was serviced by the dealership and returned the following 12 fault codes.  My dealer didn’t provide me with the interpretation of these codes, so I’m hoping someone in this forum could let me know what they mean.  Seems to me that 12 is a lot for a new car..

P044196
P060192
P030687
P030587
U019887
P086196
P080429
P086429
P084529
P084629
P030E62
P086829

Thanks for your help.

cheers,

terry

Didn't the dealer explain?  Go back there and tell them that the service advisor needs to do this.  It's incompetent of him/her not to.

I got the impression that they don’t know very much or care to know very much, about smart electrics.  I’m hoping there’s some place where the fault codes are available, my google search comes up pretty dry.

Seriously, go back to the dealer and if they won't help, call Mercedes-Benz Canada and raise hell.  This is ridiculous.

Is this also not warranty?  It shouldn’t have been left unrepaired unless they scheduled you for a return visit to complete the job.

My bet is during the service they unplugged something accidentally and didn't plug it back in triggering a flood of fault codes.

How a mechanic can collect a pay cheque after returning a car with 12 fault codes more than it came in with and send you on your way is beyond me. Don't let them tell you it's not a big deal until the codes are gone and they do not return on your drive home.

God damn Mercedes dealers =\