GRP151

KEY FOB BATTERY REPLACEMENT TIP

4 posts in this topic

• The other day my key fob was being difficult transmitting to the Smart receiver. As it turned out the battery was dying. After searching around for the replacement type I found an alternative type the CR1220. Identical in size, except for a slight variation in thickness, but doable. Apparently the only difference I could find was that the CR1225 is 50 mAh vs the alternative 35 mAh. A small difference when comparing availability and price. I picked up 2 of them in a pack for $1.29 from my local dollar store. At .65 cents each I thought it was a good buy. I stuck the additional battery in my wallet. So in case your in a jamb and didn't know of an alternative battery this is it!

• I'm sure there are better deals on ebay or other online stores but when your in a jam this is useful to know.  

Another gift Idea from me to you. Happy holidays 

1 person likes this

Just checked my key fob batteries. Found one has the 1220 whilst the other two have the 1225. I can only guess I fitted wrong battery by mistake. Has worked fine though. 

On 12/24/2017 at 9:09 AM, GRP151 said:
  • The other day my key fob was being difficult transmitting to the Smart receiver. As it turned out the battery was dying. After searching around for the replacement type I found an alternative type the CR1220. Identical in size, except for a slight variation in thickness, but doable. Apparently the only difference I could find was that the CR1225 is 50 mAh vs the alternative 35 mAh. A small difference when comparing availability and price. I picked up 2 of them in a pack for $1.29 from my local dollar store. At .65 cents each I thought it was a good buy. I stuck the additional battery in my wallet. So in case your in a jamb and didn't know of an alternative battery this is it!

• I'm sure there are better deals on ebay or other online stores but when your in a jam this is useful to know.  

Another gift Idea from me to you. Happy holidays 

Fob wouldn't respond just as I was trying to lock up while going into Walmart. Good thin g I read this post a few days ago and they had CR1220 for under 2 bucks! Thanks for the info GRP!