Dali555

Engine or front end problem?

3 posts in this topic

Last year driving my 2008 I all of a sudden had no power, couldn’t get above 10 miles an hour. Unfortunately I had to let it sit because of funds. When I went to move it recently it wouldn’t move at all so I went drive then reverse and after a few tries it “broke” free. Now it sounds like the brakes are locked and it scratches metal on metal while driving. Went up my hill and it kinda sputters with the power now. I did notice a very small puddle of some oil on my passenger side front rim. Is my axel shot? Could that have been my problem last year with loss of power? Thanks in advance everyone!

Did the check engine light come on last year when you lost power?  If the car has been sitting a year, front disc brakes will rust up.  A front bearing would not leak an oil like substance, could be a brake fluid leak.  The car need to be looked at by a competent individual. 

No check engine light. Yeah, I’m going to centrally bring it to a mechanic, just figured I’d ask in case someone had the same issues