GRP151

Freedom Mobile's amazing offer! 10GB for $60/mth

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'm not advertising this or at this moment have subscribed to Freedom until the end of Feb when my contract will expired with Rogers.

Having been with them when they took over Cantel ( anyone remember this carrier) For so many years I've been paying more than I wanted and now finally a carrier that is kicking butt here.

Just thought I would share this with us Canadians that are somewhat disappointed in the high fee's by some of the common carriers here.

A few of my friend are all ready on board and enjoying the high LTE speeds. The best thing is that if you go over your usage you will still get service at no extra charge except they throttle back your speed. Also to make it even better you get coverage when on the subway!

Unlike the other extortionists out there that charge deeply.

Edited by GRP151

I pay £5 per month for 250 minutes talk time, 5000 text messages and 1.5 GB data. Unused data carries over to following month. 

In Canada, that's a fairly good deal for $60 if you need the data.

I actually don't take to watching video on a 2 inch screen, so, I have no need for more than about 2 gig every 90 days....

I have a prepaid plan with Public Mobile which is $114 every 90 days ($38 a month) which gives me unlimited in province calling, unlimited text, and 6 gigs of data to use whenever I want in the 90 days.... unused does NOT carry over.... I usually waste 4.5 gigs every 90 days.....

And for the next 5 years, the rate will go down $1.00 per year to as low as $33 a month in the end! The data is 4G

You can get more 3G data for less if you really want, but I don't need the data.....  :)

i pay $100 a year with pcmobile pay as i go

i dont need data on my phone..i use it just for talking..and even that is done sparingly 

for emails or other stuff there is enough free wifi spots around town to satisfy my need

Edited by LooseLugNuts

I carry two iPhones on different networks. Coverage is particularly poor on the west coast of Scotland hence reason for two phones. One is pay as you go. That one has cost me £2 so far in four months. 

You can get a free phone with a 2 year contract with unlimited in and outbound calling which includes free Canada wide calling, texting, and their exclusive Wi-Fi calling, 2 GB of data for only $40/mth.or for $50/mth 5GB's of Data.

I'm sure other providers can do better if your happy with limited coverage and slower internet speeds but when comparing service here in Toronto this one outplays them all.

So far that is!   

1 person likes this

I switched from Rogers to FIDO in Feb of 2017 because Rogers wanted $50/mth for all the standard features with only 100mb of Data! Fido (which is owned by Rogers!) offered 1 GB of Data for the same amount so I switched. In the first month Fido claimed I had an over usage and charged me an extra $10. In the following month they claimed I used over 6 GB of data which was untrue and charged me  $300!!

When speaking with 3 different tech supports, trying to resolve this,I finally spoke to the last technician who agreed there was a problem with 'their' system and credited me that amount.

After that ordeal I left Fido to go with CHATR also owned by Rogers. ( what a racket!) Chatr has a similar policy as Freedom where there is no over usage charges just throttle you back.

At the end of this month I'm switching to Freedom!

fd bill.jpg

Edited by Ritchie

Have Freedom for over 2 months. Got a promo 10GB for $50. Good service so far.

22 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

i pay $100 a year with pcmobile pay as i go

i dont need data on my phone..i use it just for talking..and even that is done sparingly 

for emails or other stuff there is enough free wifi spots around town to satisfy my need

I bought 20GB from Tbaytel for $140 ,just data no calling, last year before joining Freedom. It was  good for up to one year. I was surprised they use Rogers service in GTA

If you push them, you can get this deal from any of the major carriers. I got it from Rogers two days after the “deal” expired. 

Freedom is finally building out their LTE network since Shaw bought them, but they are still a long way from being a fully national carrier.