francis

Hello All

10 posts in this topic

hello forum,

i live in Fredericton, NB and i have a 2006 smart Brabus diesel. Look for technical advice regarding the smart and some of its unique problems.

Cheers,

Francis

Welcome to the club!

Are you having any specific problems?

Common issues with the cdi's?  front springs, clutch actuators, egr's, wiring issues, headlight replacement, alternators, bearings, injectors, did I miss any haha???

8 hours ago, smart142 said:

Welcome to the club!

Are you having any specific problems?

Common issues with the cdi's?  front springs, clutch actuators, egr's, wiring issues, headlight replacement, alternators, bearings, injectors, did I miss any haha???

leaking windshield...worn out wiper pivots...sticky door latches ..intercooler holes..

Woa, wait a minute.  What about everything about these little cars that work and is good, and furthers the mistique......

Like the rear view mirror, the cup holder, the..... the.....

Ya, well the rims never gave me trouble.  Neither has the fuel filler cap.

So there !!

so cheap to fill up its worth the quirks

and i know we all love the stupid questions we get everyday like "does it go on the highway?" or "you fit in that?"

anyone else notice how people just love to tailgate these things?

welcome to here

2 people like this

6 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

...........and i know we all love the stupid questions we get everyday like "does it go on the highway?" or "you fit in that?"

I shocked most of the people at Lowes on Sunday when I drove home with a 30 Gallon Hot Water heater in mine. Should have taken a picture.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, smartnhappy said:

Woa, wait a minute.  What about everything about these little cars that work and is good, and furthers the mistique......

I agree.  Every car brand has it's short-comings and even with the potential faults listed above, I intend to keep my smarts until one or both are written off in an accident or becomes way too expensive (due to required repairs) to keep.

Considering some of the abuse my blue/black '05 Pulse has had to endure, it has been fairly reliable.  Far more reliable than my last Ford which left me so frustrated, that I took it back to the $tealership and threatened to burn it on the spot unless my full purchase price was returned.  (This action would have brought the media and a lot of negative publicity to that dealership)