LoriChamberland

2006 fortwo smart car won’t revup when accelerator is pressed

38 posts in this topic

and how much did Mercedes charge for that?

Did they remove the cruise control unit?

I didn’t take it to Mercedes I took it to another business that deals only with foreign cars. So 6 hrs of labour came to just under $600 taxes in and yes they had to remove the cruise control unit 

This "mechanic" took 2 weeks to diagnosis what this forum did in about 24 hrs, they certainly know smarts in and out.  Very irksome when a diagnosis is made and ignored.  I will refrain from helping this poster in the future. 

Edited by Huronlad

and you don't have cruise control. The unit they removed was functioning - it just needed to be programmed.

I used to charge $100 to install (over 30 installs).

or would you be interested in selling?

Hmmmm.....?
What's to be that the mechanic followed your instructions Smart142 after searching the internet to find the answer...?    Hmmmm....?

Oh well......we all live and learn.....

On 19/03/2018 at 9:31 PM, smart142 said:

and you don't have cruise control. The unit they removed was functioning - it just needed to be programmed.

I used to charge $100 to install (over 30 installs).

or would you be interested in selling?

I have the same problem with no revup happening, but I don't have any cruise control. 

In fact, on my side, the three death bar are on, everything works fine. Suddenly, the three bars goes back to the number for a few seconds and when it return to the three bars, then I sometimes loose my pedal. After putting it at neutral, shutting the engine off and starting it again, it goes work (it may take 2 to 4 times before it works).

Do you see how the immobilizer is getting activated or even disactivated by restarting?

Thanks

Have you looked at all the other possible causes for the 3 bars of death?   

Welcome to the site by the way.

Limp mode.....bad grounds, SAM issues, that silver box near battery( keep forgetting what it's called), The white plug in the battery well, ECU corroded pins, accellerator pedal toaster wire corrosion, possibly bad reluctor rings.....????

There are many things that could cause the 3 bars....Hopefully you have a warm garage and some mechanical experience as this is the bad time of the year to start having these issues I'm afraid.  I hate working on the car in the winter, had to change an alt. last winter semi outside.....nasty!

Maybe more info would help diagnose it or you?  Any other dash lights showing up..?

Perhaps the car works because you allow the computer to completely shut down before trying it again and not other times..?  Do you hear it click between attempts to start it again?