kelaog

KWP2000 Plus -- Windows 10 Driver?

5 posts in this topic

Finally received my KWP 2000 Plus in the mail...Dog at the software/driver CD but I found a copy of it on the interweb. Having issues getting this to work in Win10 (64 bit). 

From searching around on the internet this thing only works on 32 bit versions of windows (XP Era)... I'm not that tech savy anymore despite at one point in my life running an IT consulting company but how has everyone here gotten around this issue? 

Would a virtual machine running XP work? Or truly do I need to flash a laptop with XP to tune my car :S

Edited by kelaog

1 hour ago, kelaog said:

Would a virtual machine running XP work? Or truly do I need to flash a laptop with XP to tune my car

I'm sure someone will have a solution for you. I haven't done it recently but you should have an option to open a file/program in "Compatibility Mode", including Old XP versons.

Possibly read through this link; https://www.howtogeek.com/228689/how-to-make-old-programs-work-on-windows-10/

8 hours ago, booneylander said:

I use mine on a Windows XP Virtual Machine.

K sounds good. Thanks! I'll give that a go. I wasn't sure if you needed to have the driver working in Win10 first for it to recognize it. 

Andrew

For all those who want to know...you can get it to work in windows 10 through a virtual machine. IT IS VERY EASY!

I used a free virtual machine called 'Virtual Box' which will work in windows, linux, OSX, etc. 

Now you need a XP Pro ISO... PM me if you want a download link...

If you need them...Follow these instructions or several others on youtube.

I used a 5 GB file partion, shouldn't need more than 3 GB for windows XP and a few mb for the drivers...

Once you've got it set up you can enable flie transfers and copy/paste the KWP2k+ drivers and software over. Should be pretty easy from there =]

1 person likes this