BCsmart

potential new 06 smart car owner

317 posts in this topic

oh nice super simple plug and play setup into the obd2 port eh! Will have to consider looking into that, it can be transferred to any vehicle easily too which is a nice feature!

1 person likes this

on their site, doesnt quite describe what 15 features it does or an in depth list of what it is capable of. will try to youtube it maybe for better idea

IF you can't find it, I'll go out tomorrow and list them off for you...or try and take a pic and get it to show up here, might be quicker for me to simply type the book out...lol

Found a decent list of things on the amazon page. Trying to see what retailers in canada sell them now

My bigest fear is accidentally going to the gas pump and not the deisel pump so I have installed deisel only stickers on the car, one over the filler and another on the dash in that curved area under the speedo. Just for peace of mind!

thanks nigel, I found a shop out east selling them for $179 also. Have a buddy on the coast that knows a performance shop pretty well. See if they have it or can get it in then hopefully save a few bucks or get it for taxes in.

Do they upgrade the models often or has it been the same for a while? looks simple and basic which is nice.

I think the look has been the same for a long time.  Mine is about two and a half years old and looks identical to Glenn’s.  There probably was some firmware upgrades over the years but I suspect the product is getting near the end.  The younger people are connecting to the port wirelessly and using a smartphone app.  I’m still using a flip phone when I remember to take it with me.  Even if you don’t get it calibrated correctly at first you will still see how to get the best fuel economy out of the car.  You can see four parameters at a time so I always watch instant fuel economy and fuel economy for the current trip and the other two gauges change but are usually intake air temp and coolant temp.  

Nigel

Who has done the software egr delete and left the components on the car still? That sounds like the cheaper option obviously is there any benefit to doing it that way vs getting it all removed other than cost?

1 hour ago, Willys said:

I'm very curious how far that last bubble will take me.......augh!

Be very careful when running the fuel low!  It could potentially damage the fuel pump due to overheating.

1 hour ago, Willys said:

~....will a front wheel fit on the rear as a spare with one of those tiny spare tires from another vehicle...?

yes

front wheel fits just fine on the rear 

i use an old front as a spare for mine...the normal 145 tire is not much bigger than a temporary and is better imo since it has a higher speed rating and is fine for extended travel 

451 fronts will also fit front and rear of 450 (451 rims are easier to find used)

Edited by LooseLugNuts

The 115/70 spare will fit behind the driver's seat with the seat all the way back.

OK thanks guys, IF I can get a wheel tire combination to fit behind my seat then I'll be carrying it always....again just for peace of mind.  Up here, there too much open space or lack of it to wait to get CAA to get to me quick enough.....besides I can't imagine what it would feel like to have a tow truck show up for just a flat tire...how embarrassing!

9 hours ago, Leadwing said:

Be very careful when running the fuel low!  It could potentially damage the fuel pump due to overheating.

Yep, the benefits of the modern fuel pump designs using the fuel to keep them cool....lol....doh......lol

9 hours ago, LooseLugNuts said:

yes

front wheel fits just fine on the rear 

i use an old front as a spare for mine...the normal 145 tire is not much bigger than a temporary and is better imo since it has a higher speed rating and is fine for extended travel 

451 fronts will also fit front and rear of 450 (451 rims are easier to find used)

Where abouts are you located, it says North Ontario, so I was wondering seeing as the main group seems to be in the london area...lol....

I can just about make a call and take a pic using my phone, and now you want me to set up the car using it....what could go wrong....lol.    I try to steer clear of phone add-ons, simply for this reason, but also I don't want one single item controling or being used for everything because if it goes down then everything it's being used for does also....we are far to dependant on these phones etc already imho....I'll take seperate options  first, to each their own.   If it works and you're ok with it why not?

It seems like a great idea, I like the nice screen display but I dont want it to overtake my phone when I am driving and have to use it as my screen. I dont use my phone while driving just seems silly to have to use it as my screen. Guess it is portable though and no wires.

Dont think you can use an old smartphone as the screen can you as it needs bluetooth to connect. Is there another brand other than scan gauge can comes with a display?

5 hours ago, Willys said:

Where abouts are you located, it says North Ontario, so I was wondering seeing as the main group seems to be in the london area...lol....

sudbury district

There is the new whip. So it is a Passion, I am going to have to figure out how these dash controls work...very confused just by looking at them.

It has ac, looks like an icon saying heated seat? I tried to upload another interior photo but said 2mb max, pic is 1.2mb so will try again later.

Has a nice storage compartment under stereo. Stereo was randomly changing channel at one point on drive home. There is a light in center cosole below storage compartment, you can click in down but then it stays on? Also the light seems to stay on until you lock the car, is that normal?

Car has no clock or tach, would have been nice to have a tach but not needed can tell by sound of engine.

Not sure what else to report, just wanted to put this up and hope for some quick input about things. Seems like I will have new reading material in regards to how the controls and everything work on the inside.