Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snowdogg106

Can’t get front fog lights to work on smart 450

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I’m trying to get my front fog lights to work. What I have tried so far changing fuse, checked bulbs  and nothing seems to be working also switch dosn’t Light up when I turn stolk to 1-2 or 3 any advice thanks. P.s I might be changing the wrong fuse 

I thought the front fog lights used the switch under the radio cluster drawer. the Europe version had the rear fogs linked to the turn indicator stock and was deleted for Canada.

Alan

4 hours ago, Henry said:

I thought the front fog lights used the switch under the radio cluster drawer. the Europe version had the rear fogs linked to the turn indicator stock and was deleted for Canada.

Alan

My lower 2 turn signal lights were relocated into the headlights as the "Euro Mod". H3 Driving lights and bracket were installed in their place. As Henry mentioned; the switch located on the left below the ashtray is the dash dimmer control. If I recall; when the switch is popped out, there is an extra wire tucked in behind it that feeds a relay. The dimmer switch wire is disconnected and the newly found wires are then plugged in. In my case, the switch was replaced with a fancy MB switch. The dimmer for the dash is now disabled but still turns on and off with the headlight switch. Just no dimmer control. We also wired quick disconnects to the new H3's for easier removal of the front end. I'm quite sure that a couple wire swaps were also performed to relocate the power to the new turn signal location. Funny part is that the solution to delete the Turn signals from the headlight location was to cut the power lead to each light and shrink wrap the ends. The wires are just hanging there behind the headlights. High Tech solution. LOL. Hopefully Smart142 will add to this.