Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCsmart

Anyone used Malone Tuning reMap?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone who enters, I am curious if anyone has used the Malone Tuning reMap for their diesel smart car?

https://malonetuning.com/ecu-tuning/mercedes-smart-cdi

I have tried to contact them a couple days ago, still waiting to hear back. The cost is reasonable @ $250, I know Flying Tiger does a reMap and it is currently $400 cash...Not sure why Eddy told me had to be cash but none the less a 3.5-4hr drive is well worth an upgrade in power..

Back to the Malone Tune apparently a shop in Kelowna, FourFunction can do tune, I think it would be the same tune as Malone's. I will have to inquire to see if they have any details about what there tune is.

Just thought I would ask to see if anyone has used Malone's reMap, he does a lot for the VW car lovers.

Thanks for any input!

Well found a place locally that can do this tune, probably going that route, will update this if anyone is at all interested. I would assume any tune for these cars is going to be very similar regardless where you go or who does the tune

Not necessarily.  Eddy used to offer three tunes: 45 HP, 55 HP and 65 HP.  Now he only offers the 65.  I remember Steve in Kelowna used to offer a map and tested it versus Eddy and one or two others.  Eddy's was fastest (on the same car).

Also, the cruder ones make the car belch black smoke at full acceleration, like a coal roller.  Not my style.

Ahh I see, well unfortunately for me Eddy now doesn't do the tune for that cheap anymore. $150 difference in tunes that give the same power increases is a big difference in my opinion. Plus not having to do an 8hr road trip for the tune is a nice savings.

Not fully decided but leaning heavily towards the Malone tune

Do you know for sure it's 65 HP?

Contact member smartieparts here and see if he still does remaps.  West Kelowna is his location.

Yes MikeT, if you click the link it provides a chart of the stage 1 tune. 

I will try to find that member also, thanks

2 big thumbs up to the Malone reMap from me! Anyone who has a stock Smart should get a reMap done. If anything it is just nice to have a bit more power for hills and keeping up with the flow of traffic easier. I think there wouldn't be much of a fuel loss unless you put your foot into it, which is the same that can be said about any vehicle you drive.

Worth the price, very reasonable for the gains you get!

Changes the tune I assume, gives added hp and torque. Malone Tuning has lots of dealers all over and he is very reasonable priced. depending where you are there could be added shops that do a similar tune.

https://malonetuning.com/dealers

Basically remapping is changing the programming in your engine management computer.  The stock settings are a balance of power, fuel economy and meeting emission standards.  By injecting a little more fuel or injecting it earlier or later can make a huge difference in power and economy but usually at the expense of emissions.  The remap most of us are running in Ontario improves drivability, doesn’t smoke and still passes our emission test.  Quite often cars in Europe will have different maps than the same car in North America because their emission standards are different.  What we have been talking about is a remap that helps the power without significantly shortening the life of the engine.

Nigel