Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LetOceansLie

Exhaust sounds weird

7 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have a 2010 Smart fortwo Pure, its sitting at 104,xxx kms currently. These past few days all of a sudden the car sounds like I've put a whole new exhaust on it, its very deep and throaty. I can't hear anything rattling which leads me to believe its probably just the exhaust? It only seems to make the noise if I'm sitting still idling, or accelerating/maintaining a speed. When I let off the gas the sound stops. I don't know very much about cars, but is there anywhere specific I should check on the vehicle to see if its something small? I don't feel any difference in how the vehicle itself drives, just the sound of it.

Thank you so much for any help/advice :D

Look up  smart142 on this site He is in your area He may be able to help, If you have a jack raise the back end up then give your exhaust a wiggle look at the flex pipe and see if any thing looks loose.

smart142 phone numbers (also known as Uncle Glenn) can be found under the “Service Options” tab at the top of this page.  I’ll gladly drive two hours each way to have him service my car.

Nigel

I'll second that, he's a top notch stand up guy for sure, so much so, I just bought my Smart from him. Excellent person to help and talk to about anything Smart.   And no I don't get any commission...lol

Oh and i drove 3 hours each way to get it.....twice! Once to just make the deal and again to pick it up....all in a matter of days!

The flex pipe probably is broken.

1 person likes this

if your exhaust tip is melting through the rear valence, your flex pipe is failing.