Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

Arm rest...? Anyone...?

22 posts in this topic

Hi guys...has anyone seen or purchased one of these armrests ..?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SMART-FORTWO-450-451-Adjustable-Premium-Armrest-storage-mittelarmlehne-accoudoir-/321256760637

OR is there one that is adaptable to fit our vehicles....?

Again I'm all ears and seem to think I need one of some kind...lol

Thanks again....

an armrest would be a great addition, especially if it has storage. Once I have the car I am going to take a look and see if a small armrest from a different vehicle can be made to fit. Sure would be cheaper than buying a vehicle specific one

Yes I think it's going to be a trip into the junkyard to find something that I can make work or at least look good and work...maybe asking too much...lol

ya won't be easy as I am sure 1 of these smart owners would have found and modifed something to work by now. I cant justify $1-200 for an armrest. I will make something else work or just live without it...won't be the first car I had that didn't have one

51 minutes ago, BCsmart said:

ya won't be easy as I am sure 1 of these smart owners would have found and modifed something to work by now. I cant justify $1-200 for an armrest. I will make something else work or just live without it...won't be the first car I had that didn't have one

I’m positive I have read a post by smart142 on an arm test install. Also Evilution has a section on arm rests. If you have signed up on Evilution I would suggest it highly. 

https://www.evilution.co.uk/index.php?f999=&mod=788&menu=interior

i haven’t been here long but what I have discovered is almost any question you have has been answered 3 times in previous posts. I spend more time on the search function than any other part of the forum. 

search buttons never give good results. I have tried there are various answers to a degree. Would be more ideal if super common questions/mods etc got pinned so they were easy to find. Some have but not many.

I have scoured many pages and threads on this site, numerous same posts just by different users. Usually get similar info, some things like any vehicle forum dont get answered or people just aren't sure. Newer users like me are just getting into the Smart car and are ultra green, many people on here are experts and have seen the same thing get asked or know how to easily do things when a newb doesn't know and can't easily find it in a search bar.

Very happy to be on this site, when I get the car this weekend I will be scoping out the armrest area and see what can be done. I am sure I have a long list of things to do on the car and future add ons or upgrades so 1 step at a time for me. Just want to know the main things to check, repair or maintain and go from there.

That other site you mentioned is helpful

CTC has Mobile 1      0-40weight    229.5 oil on sale 35% off.....just saying...if anyone needs any.    Still waiting for my sucker to get here.....filters will be here tomorrow.
I also won't be shelling out that sort of money for one, I'll try and find one that may work for cheap.

No...Mobil 1   European Car Formular 0W-40    4.4 litres    there's a small bar scan code 811221 bottom left corner of label.

I bought a sucker from Amazon for $30 or so and am waiting for it to show up.....if it works great if not I'll make one......myself......using my shop air system.....it'll end up costing far more I'm sure and for the amount I will need to change the oil in the smart I am willing to risk the cheaper one first.

If you go onto Amazon and search oil change suction pumps, it's the one with the yellow base...just a simple crap pump but you never know, it may just do the job..?

Edited by Willys

Thsi is the cheap ass pump...lol

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Suction-Fluid-Electric-5a-Pump-Scavenge-Oil-12v-Fuel-Transfer-Diesel-Extractor/142694471738?hash=item213940d83a:g:BfoAAOSwhzRaguAR

Like i said we'll see.....it takes forever to get here also, augh!!!!

Also from Ebay not Amaszon, got the scangageII and the pump mixed up sorry.

Edited by Willys

I see motomaster formula 1 oil on sale for $28.59 a jug, can you send a link to the stuff you are getting?

I think canadian tire or princess auto might have a suction pump too I am going to have to check and find one

It's 3 posts above, european oil for diesels....not truck and equipment as yours shows...?

229.5 if i recall correctly is the specification smart is demanding we use....

Edited by Willys

nevermind walmart out of stock online and instores around me.

Trip to crappy tire this weekend to look for oil and oil suction pump

I think the Mobil 1 European Car Formula has been discontinued.  Canadian Tire does have their Formula brand labeled European Car Formula 0w40 that meets the MB 229.5 spec and it is on sale today.

Nigel 

I bought 2 jugs of it at 35% off.....maybe should have bought more...lol...?  Maybe worth a trip back and grab 2 more?

has anyone used the motomaster formula 1? I am going to crap tire at some point this weekend will see if they have mobil 1 but not listed online so guessing thats a no.

I bought some today because I don’t think I’m getting to Glenn’s before we go away.  I did check for the correct spec.

Nigel

I personally hate Motormaster oils etc, just me i guess, sorry....I'm sure they may meet the specs, but, I can't get past the CTC label...sorry.

It is too bad the e brake handle is so long, that defintely makes an armrest harder to easily make work. But for now this container does the trick!