Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twobytwo

Hey, How's everybody been?

9 posts in this topic

Apparenty my account still works.  Been almost 3 years to the day since I was laid off by MB.

How's everybody been?  how about those new Smart cars?

-Noah

How are you Noah?

Many of us are still around 3 years later.

Welcome back Noah!  It's nice to see that you haven't forgotten us.  We certainly haven't forgotten you :)

Ron :bike:

Hey Guys!  Hope youre all well!

Still in the GTA, We moved to Mississauga.  No smarts at the moment but maybe soon - would like an electric.  We just leased a Ford Escape SEL with the 2.0 motor and it's fun.

You guys doing a mystery run 2018?

Edited by twobytwo

Hey stranger! Nice to hear from you again.

I don't have one, but have driven "Uncle Glenn"'s and it's a hoot!

No plans on the board for a Mystery Run but if enough enthusiasm is shown, perhaps something could be done.

Ok I’m a Newbie. What is a mystery run. 

Noah we have never meet or chatted. But Mercedes is not a nice place to visit or talk about buying a Smart Car. They need people like you. Our experience was not very fun.  

Welcome back, Noah.

Mercedes is going to hell in a handbasket - I think their new cars are utter crap; in chasing the mass market they have sacrificed the good taste and higher quality of 30 years ago for a quick buck.  However, some of the dealers are still good.  Three Point Motors in BC has good service.

Edited by MikeT

16 hours ago, LifeinSerenity said:

Ok I’m a Newbie. What is a mystery run. 

Hey 'Life' ..... A Mystery Run is an event that was held annually as a smart car get together in Ontario.  It is a "follow the leader" type event where only the lead car driver and lay-out crew actually knows where they are going.  Except for the cost of food or admission to special attractions, the event was free to all who showed up.  For several years, it was held in and around the Niagara region and the last one was held near Belleville. ( see Ottawa, Toronto and The Rest of Ontario threads ) ....... Take a peek at this link for an idea of what it was all about.  That link takes you to page 4 of 4 and shows some of the photos and videos taken by members / participants.  The event was originally going to be cancelled but was rescued

Another annual event held closer to home for you is the Plunkett Estate event, usually attended by the smart car group in the first week in August.  The smart cars are the "Featured Club" on that particular afternoon / evening. To see more photos of this event, go to the forums ...... seek out the Southern Ontario Threads and scroll through the list, looking in that approximate date in different years.

Another event, also in your area is the Lambeth Harvest Parade which is always a good event to participate in.  The smarties are invited to actually be IN the parade.  Lots of fun.  As above, scroll through the Southern Ontario threads around that same date but different years to see more photos.