Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AshcroftJohn

New to me 2008 Cabriolet, want lift kit

7 posts in this topic

Hello all, John Kidder here from the Thompson River valley between Spences Bridge and Cache Creek.  Desert and rivers.  I have a little farm/oasis on the Bonaparte River north of Ashcroft.

I have been driving a friend's 2010 Smart up and down from Ashcroft - so surprisingly good on the highway, tucks quickly through all the curves on HIghway 1 through the Fraser and Thomson canyons.  I'm a biggish guy, and I can sit comfortably in that little car nonstop to Vancouver for about $36 in gas.  I'm a believer.

So I just bought this 2008 Cabriolet.  It's clean as a whistle, well serviced, 83,000 kms.  Should be a reliable carrier Ashcroft-Vancouver for years to come.

But I live i a rural environment, often with muddy snowy/icy roads - this little car is just too close to the ground.  I have been looking around online, and have seen references to a Dynastra 2" lift kit which seems likely to suit.  At one point found a long thread (on this or another forum?) describing the process and praising the Vancovuer shop that did the work.  Does that ring a bell for anyone?

Thanks for all the good information all over this forum - I look forward to learning much.

Cheers

John Kidder

1 person likes this

Welcome!  We love driving the canyon, so much nicer than the Coq.

The shop possibly was Flying Tiger Developments, on Westminster Highway in Richmond.  Eddy Lai is the owner. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

Sorry to push in, but does anyone have this lift already installed.? I also like the idea of it being a tad further away from the road...we have plenty of gravel roads to play on here also.

Thanks....I was looking at the Daystar lift also...seems simple enough to install compared to a Jeep lift kit etc and i have done enough of those in my past.

Edited by Willys

Search for "Daystar", a 451 owner on the site installed one.  I do not think there is a lift kit for a 450.

Hmmm...?

What would the differences be between the 450 and 451?  I do not know and seeing as it's just a rubber type spacer and one metal adapter from what i remember of it I am curious to see what the difference is? Maybe spring width? etc??  I'm all ears as it is something I may do in the future. Thanks