AmyLe

What to look for when buying a used 2014 ED?

3 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone, 

I'm glad to join this great community! 

I'm looking to purchase a used 2014 ED Passion with 15,000 km on it. Just wondering if anyone has general buying advice for a used ED? What are some things to look out for, and what questions should I ask the owner? I'm in Canada by the way. 

Thanks in advance for any tips! 

How much is it going to cost?  I would think that the battery should have a diagnostic test at a smart dealer to make sure it's in decent condition.  If anything less than optimal condition is found walk away.  Also, consider that leasing an electric car might make more sense, given the rate of technological change in batteries and the high cost of replacement. 

2 hours ago, MikeT said:

How much is it going to cost?  I would think that the battery should have a diagnostic test at a smart dealer to make sure it's in decent condition.  If anything less than optimal condition is found walk away.  Also, consider that leasing an electric car might make more sense, given the rate of technological change in batteries and the high cost of replacement. 

Hi Mike, 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. It's going to cost $9600 all in. I figured at this price, it doesn't hurt to buy. 

Good idea about the battery test.

Edited by AmyLe