Utopiacdi

Time ToMove On

7 posts in this topic

Ladies and Gents...

The time has come to move on from the Smart.  I have sold my 2005 CDI to a friend-of-a-friend who has always wanted a Smart and is excited to get Jiminy back on the road.  The new owner is a backyard mechanic and needed a challenge!  Jiminy has been sitting in a garage for 3 years and driven only twice a year when I come home for leave.  He needs a complete brake job, a windshield, a muffler, steering knuckle lube and the wastegate needs adjustment.  It has also developed a "sweating leak" on the oil line to/from the turbo. That's what I know of but there may be more from sitting for so long. I was thinking of hanging onto it as a project car but by the time I would get to it, I felt it would be too far gone to be worth the expense. 

So, thanks to all for your help and advise over the years.  A special shout-out to Uncle Glenn in London, ON for all of his help and work.  Everyone take care and enjoy the Smarties!

Tom- utopiacdi

1 person likes this

Moving on is a part of life. 

Even though your smart is gone, please don't be a stranger.  Do drop  in once in a while and let us know how things are going.

Ron :bike:

1 person likes this

Lower steering u-joint is binding, needs replacement or at least lube to slightly lengthen the lifespan.

Both steering UJs are standard 15x39. Used on lots of cars including Cadillac and Hummer. 

On 4/17/2018 at 1:51 PM, Utopiacdi said:

A special shout-out to Uncle Glenn in London, ON for all of his help and work.  Everyone take care and enjoy the Smarties!

Tom- utopiacdi

Missed this post as I was on a 2 week trans atlantic cruise and opted for no internet - an escape from the world haha!

Tom - best of luck in the future. Please look me up if you ever come this way - beers on me!!!!