7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, 

New member,  Owner of 2 smarts for the last 8 months.

Bought two dead smarts and got them working, Read a lot on Evolution and FQ101, Modded my smart with heated seats, fixed intercooler leaks and seized alternators.

Love my smarts..

Welcome, more detail and photos please.

Unfortunately I did the heated seat mod and didn't click any photos, I did have a donor car for the material, but had to pull apart the heat elements from each seat and then re-upholster them on mine. I do have some photos of the damaged intercooler and the under seat woofer I installed. Will post in a day.

No worries, mine's fully loaded and hence needs no upgrades, but it's always interesting to see what others have done.

Welcome Adam, this is a very good informative site for sure with many many knowledgable members I've found. I also am a realtively new to smart car member. I live just noth of Toronto, Pefferlaw area.  Great to see new blood showing our faces in our area so to speak.  I am about to start messing with mine now the warmer weather has arrived. I also will be picking up a second smart soon for a spare....lol....maybe even fix to use....?  Where abouts are you..? The work you have already done sounds very interesting....

Adam, :welcome: to the club. 

You sound like a fairly self-sufficient person, but if you ever have any questions, feel free to ask.  As Willys mentioned, above, this is a good place for information and assistance wherever needed.

There are also events taking place in Ontario and beyond that several members attend if that happens to be your thing.  Case in point, the annual Ohio April Fools smart car rally, recently held in Ohio during the weekend of April 6th-9th.  See  post # 54 for some photos for some pics of that event a few years ago.