yolanda

stolen wheel alert

27 posts in this topic

Please first let me apologize for not know for sure where this belongs.  If anyone can move it or tell me where to repost it I'll gladly do so. 

I just had the summer tires and rims stolen from my yard and I strongly suspect it was a to-order job  The tires were contis mounted on passion alloy rims with Ride-on TPS fluid in them, an orange slime looking material. No tire shop will touch them because of the fluid, and only smart cars can use those rims.  So either the theives are very very stupid or they were going after me because they knew I had a smart car and they had an order for tires.

I am in Saskatoon.  The car these are destined for could be anywhere from davidson to prince albert.  So while they're rare here, especailly the 450 models, it's still a huge market if it's to order parts!  

If you know of anything I can share with the police please PM me. I'll be keeping this open in a browser window for the next couple of weeks.  Thank you.  It's a terribly insecure feeling to know someone's got their sights on your baby. 

rims.JPG

irisgreensmall.JPG

Edited by yolanda
to show the tires weren't taken off the car

Well that just sucks and it's weird too because they're not exactly rare wheels.  May be a slimeball pure owner....

So: look for pures riding on styleline wheels.

This could be in the General forum.  But I can't move it for you.

Sorry to here about your tires,  I like the green ,It looks nice!, I would call any of the scrap dealers in your area and put them on the alert on your rims just incase they show up there.

Yep again sorry for your loss....but i bet they were seen and ordered......a case of beer or a hit of the good stuff would be the price I bet.....frig'in thieves.....damn!

Thanks for the attention and the compliments on my colour!  I'll be filing an insurance claim today.  I really don't expect to see my wheels again but I do expect to be on new ones for summer. I hope it doesn't take too long to get the claim sorted.

I'm not going round to the scrap dealers. I see the sense of the suggestion but I've had bad luck trying to dialog with the typical grease monkey, they tend to laugh at me instead of listen.

18 hours ago, MikeT said:

Well that just sucks and it's weird too because they're not exactly rare wheels.  May be a slimeball pure owner....

So: look for pures riding on styleline wheels.

This could be in the General forum.  But I can't move it for you.

Yesterday afternoon as I was moving the car to the back yard to protect it better I saw some neighbors down the block watching. I don't know them, they ar elikely new, one of the rental houses.  There I was suspiciously wondering if it was them.  I don't need that, yet here I am, distrusting every stranger I see in my neighborhood.  I hate living in a depressed economic neighborhood.

11 hours ago, Willys said:

Yep again sorry for your loss....but i bet they were seen and ordered......a case of beer or a hit of the good stuff would be the price I bet.....frig'in thieves.....damn!

Yeah, that's my theory, some scumbag just bought a cheap pulse smart and it needed new tires. So they put out word to the criminal friends who networked till one of them said "I know where there's a smart" and I may well be lucky they didn't jack up my car and take the wheels off the car!

pulses came with alloy wheels!  More likely a pure, but who knows....

15 hours ago, MikeT said:

pulses came with alloy wheels!  More likely a pure, but who knows....

well my passion came with them and now they're gone. I'm waiting to learn if insurance will replace them.  I just figure maybe the community here might hear about someone buying my stolen rims.

Well it sounds like they're giving me the cost of replacement minus 20% depreciation on the tires specifically, so we'll be paying a deductible of only $350 plus 20% of the tire cost.  He was shocked to learn I had less than 73,000 km on the car and had only put 3k onto the tires since they'd been bought in 2014.  I told him I'd stopped driving entirely for a couple years when I got sick with cancer, which I did, and that the car was just a grocery getter and I  used the bike as often as I could besides.  I think he was going to devalue the tires a lot more than 20% till i read off the odometer for him

Last week I spent hours looking for the keys for my campevan and 50cc scooter.  Found them in the end both securly placed in the ignition.on both.  Must have been left like that since September last year.  Both are parked outside on my drive.

1 person likes this

On 4/22/2018 at 1:06 PM, yolanda said:

Please first let me apologize for not know for sure where this belongs.  If anyone can move it or tell me where to repost it I'll gladly do so. 

I just had the summer tires and rims stolen from my yard and I strongly suspect it was a to-order job. 

I have a spare set wheels and tires from my 450.  You can have for shipping. 

PM me. 

bob

1 person likes this

25 minutes ago, SmartieUSA said:

I have a spare set wheels and tires from my 450.  You can have for shipping. 

PM me. 

bob

Awww, thanks!  Actualy insurance is covering the cost for me so you can donate those to someone needier!  I just wish the thief would get in trouble for this.

41 minutes ago, tolsen said:

Last week I spent hours looking for the keys for my campevan and 50cc scooter.  Found them in the end both securly placed in the ignition.on both.  Must have been left like that since September last year.  Both are parked outside on my drive.

I wish I lived in a nicer neighborhood but i just don't have the bux.  

8 hours ago, tolsen said:

Never happens here. Canada must be full of thieves. 

No, just my neighborhood.  It's an "economically depressed inner city" kind of place.  I'm one of those beleaguered land owners picking up litter and shutting my windows on hot nights to close out the sounds of drunks fighting and dogs barking.  I know for a fact Scotland's got similar neighborhoods.  I've seen the video.

Ok, well, here's the upshot.  Unless they're caught, the thieves are getting away with it. I've moved my car to the backyard and when I can physically manage it, I'll move the shelter too. But I've been too weak and sick to do much. Insurance is covering the cost of the tires and wheels and custom caps. They would cover the cost of the fluid but since I bought extra last time and can't be fussed to arrange an invoice I'll not submit that for reimbursement. What's weird is the insurance called me and said they would NOT cover the valvestem caps and fluid but then in the estimate it says they will.  I dunno, but ok. I have a deductible of $350 to cover and we can put that much aside in time to pay it when the wheels ordered come in.  My car will be pretty again. 

Glad to see things are working out for you, sticky fingered people need their knuckles smashing with ball peen hammer to remind them what's theirs and what's not....!!!!    The old school MOB way of dealing with them seemed to work well. Now a days they simply get a slap on the wrist if you're lucky and they carry on.  Disgracefull imho......our society has dropped so far down the shitter it's almost scarey now a days!

Again glad you're feeling better and you'll get your car back to the state you want it to be.   Enjoy....

4 hours ago, tolsen said:

Try that in Glasgow...

22 hours ago, Willys said:

Glad to see things are working out for you, sticky fingered people need their knuckles smashing with ball peen hammer to remind them what's theirs and what's not....!!!!    The old school MOB way of dealing with them seemed to work well. Now a days they simply get a slap on the wrist if you're lucky and they carry on.  Disgracefull imho......our society has dropped so far down the shitter it's almost scarey now a days!

Again glad you're feeling better and you'll get your car back to the state you want it to be.   Enjoy....

I don't think things are worse than they used to be. I read a lot of historical stuff, novels, fiction, non-fiction, etc. and people have come a long long way.  But yeah, I wish we could bring the thief to justice

19 hours ago, lebikerboy said:

Must you use profanity in every thread you post in?

who?  Me?  I could, everyone around me uses it in every day language and it comes as freely to my tongue but I'm pretty sure I avoided it here?  I'm usually pretty good with my written language. 

Not you Yolanda it's me he's all upset about, I used the strong word shitter...lol...god only help him in his day to day life if that word upsets him..lol.

But hey, he's allowed to complain and cry all he wishes....that is what the ignor feature is used for....if I offend you or anyone please use it ....I didn't think my language was that bad, there are plenty of other words available to use .....I think..?

I'm sorry to ruin your thread if that is what i have done with the nasty language..lol. Damn....ooooops, is that another....sorry.

1 person likes this