smart142

a roadster vacation May 2018

84 posts in this topic

Thanks luwie much better.  Glenn, how are you going to choose just one?  I think the red is gorgeous and I generally don’t care for red cars.

Nigel

1 person likes this

24 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Thanks luwie much better.  Glenn, how are you going to choose just one?  I think the red is gorgeous and I generally don’t care for red cars.

Nigel

Some more off the Red  Roadster.

29n8i85.jpg

e893ev.jpg

Weird, the first time I could see the photos and now I can't!

1 minute ago, MikeT said:

Weird, the first time I could see the photos and now I can't!

I use Tinypics, and most the times it works just fine, I think they are having problems at the server site.

I started a new facebook groep with the name:

Smart Roadster Canada.

So join if you are interested :rolleyes:

Knipsel.PNG

There have to be at least a few here for that group to take off ;)

Check out Peugeot 404 Club Registry on FB, which I run :D

1 person likes this

It's a crying shame they never allowed this little car into Canada..! Simply gorgeous!
I wonder did they come in silver with black cage?  The solid black just don't have that POP the coloured cars have IMHO.

Posted (edited) · Report post

11 minutes ago, Willys said:

It's a crying shame they never allowed this little car into Canada..! Simply gorgeous!
I wonder did they come in silver with black cage?  The solid black just don't have that POP the coloured cars have IMHO.

They came in a lot of combinations :D

And offcourse you can give youre own twist to it.

32461440_1742977835795471_5944105158500679680_n.jpg

Edited by luwie
1 person likes this

I like the sloping backed version I think better than this one...just my preferance...lol 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Willys said:

I like the sloping backed version I think better than this one...just my preferance...lol 

Have a look at :

http://452fun.nl/last-meeting/

you will see lots off them

Thanks for that, fantastic!...besides your red and silver that bronze and silver, WOW...!!!
Again I'll repeat it, a crying shame we never got these cars here....My best buddy put a down payment on a baby blue  one when they first talked about them, he was so mad when they cancelled them.....I can tell you!  I bet if he could still get one he would, he has more wealth now so could do what Glenn's hoping to do.

1 person likes this

The quotes that Theo got were for a 20ft container - one was 2650euros, the other 3300euros.

However a 40 ft container shipped to Toronto would be 2800 euros, and 3 roadsters would fit in.

That would bring shipping costs to 900 euros for one - that would be doable. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy 3 roadsters!!

:rolleyes: anyone interested???

Wait until he gets that competitive quote.....should be doable for sure, if the US firm can arrange shipping the other way.

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, smart142 said:

The quotes that Theo got were for a 20ft container - one was 2650euros, the other 3300euros.

However a 40 ft container shipped to Toronto would be 2800 euros, and 3 roadsters would fit in.

That would bring shipping costs to 900 euros for one - that would be doable. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy 3 roadsters!!

Hmmmm....I can smell a roaster dealership in the making...lol.....if you make ramps for each one to drive up at a 45 degree angle you'll get 4 I bet!    Just think, a small investment and yours will be paid for and the shipping possibly?

Where's the number to the bank manager..?

1 person likes this

15 hours ago, smart142 said:

Hmmm...? Whats a roaster worth anyway.....I'm thinking now...lol

A Christmas gift for the wife...?

1 person likes this

I think Willys needs both a Roadster and a Crossblade for his collection.

Nigel

1 person likes this

Here's that silver and black you were wondering about... :D

http://www.ooyyo.com/france/c=CDA31D7114D2854F111BFB6FBACF355B65A21D6617F3854111/-4523371975174701388.html/

So three in a container eh @ 900 euro... hmmm.

Crossblades are rather pricey though... 

http://www.ooyyo.com/france/used-smart-crossblade-for-sale/c=CDA31D7114D3854F111BFB6FBACF355B69A21D6617F286/

AUGH.....!!!!!!!!!!I need to sell my Willys....lol...as much as I love the feel sound and atmosphere of the Willys, it's fuel consumption I just can't get used to now a days...lol

BUT,  I could get into that Roadster for sure!  Beautifull...!

Edited by Willys
1 person likes this

That is a $12,000 car after everything is sorted I bet!

I just sold two vehicles today, 1 for sure the other a strong maybe.....the Willys will be the next victim, well after my bike that is.....lol

Edited by Willys

I thought the bike was already sold.  I guess you had more than one like your smart cars.  If the Roadster was less than 102” long I’d be all over it.  

Nigel

It was, but the guy called back and asked if I would buy it back, doh.....sure for $1000.    lol....so I have it back again and also have a free smart car.....in a few weeks it'll be back up for sale stripped down to stock configuration as it wasn't fetching any more as it was. So I'll be ebaying the add-ons after the fact!

The Roadster is gas powered, so what sort of gas mileages does it deliver? Also can it cme in a diesel...?    I'm liking the numbers I am getting..last drive as 83MPGs.....can't believe it.....but I never broke 100kmph....but still...dam fantastic numbers imho...!  Maybe that fuel cleaner is doing it's job..?  Every other tank it gets 48ml of the good stuff...lol.

23 minutes ago, Willys said:

AUGH.....!!!!!!!!!!I need to sell my Willys....lol...as much as I love the feel sound and atmosphere of the Willys, it's fuel consumption I just can't get used to now a days...lol

BUT,  I could get into that Roadster for sure!  Beautifull...!

Willys as in an MB? Or ? I have a CJ7 that has all the aerodynamics of a brick but it is fun to drive, picked it up in 86 finally got around to getting Ont historic vehicle plates. I kind of like driving the smart more (he says ducking in case there are other Jeep owners here) as it has A/C for those times when it's too hot/humid to go top down.

It is a pity that smart never brought the Roadster over here, I would have certainly considered one and if I could find the right one with the right shipping cost I dunno could be rather dangerous. So an 03 Roadster would be exempt from the MVSA but is there anything that the CBSA could get it on?

1952 Willys/Overland Pick up

360 AMC engine, 727 reverse manual shift tranny 2 wheel drive now just for the street.....too pretty to drive off road....$20,000

This was the first paint job I put on it, it's been professionally painted with same colour and still shines like new.

willys4 small.jpg

Edited by Willys