smart142

a roadster vacation

34 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, luwie said:

Next week I will let Glenn and Liz drive mine Roadster, just to get a feelling of a tuned Roadster.

You’d better hope that Glenn gives it back !!

2 people like this

and that's the reason I'm afraid to drive it haha!!!

We had a good morning touring Vienna, walked around St.Stephens square, and then drove 1/2 hour to a museum that turned out to be closed.

No worries because we found a little restaurant that was to our liking.

Did some planning for the upcoming week and then another gasthof for local beer and food.

The advantage of having a car in Europe is that you get to see and meet the locals. The disadvantage is it more difficult driving in the old big cities with the narrow and confusing roads and the very limited parking - even with a smart car!!! 

This afternoon we reached the farthest point east we are going to go. Near Krakow.

Had 6 hrs of driving through rain and now know why the European cars have the rear fog lights.

Staying at a lovely B&B that is quite inexpensive - so we booked an extra night.

Today we visited the Auschwitz concentration/extermination camp - what a sad,sad part of our history!

Unimaginable cruelty!

Thanks!

Yesterday we finally had a sunny day for driving and took advantage by driving on some of those sweet twisty secondary roads!

Theo is right, thats where the roadster thrives - very enjoyable!!!

We are now on the road home. Stayed at a country inn about an hour away from Prague. Today we plan on touring that city and then press on to Dresden Germany.

Nice to hear that the Roadster is to your likings :-)

And have fun today, the sun is there all day!

242blar.jpg

Yes, we had a fine sunny day yesterday. Started off driving the twisty back roads to Prague and then ate at a sidewalk cafe. Walked beside the Danube and then motored to Weimar in Germany. Staying at a beautiful hotel.In the evening we were again able to enjoy eating outdoors - it was excellent! This town is designated a UNESCO world heritage site - worth the visit!

Today we are heading to north Germany where I used to live. My father, who was Canadian army 1943 - 1983, was stationed there from 1960 - 1963.

I'm sure to see a HUGE amount of change. To me it looks like the Germans have surpassed our quality of life.