Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

smart in Japan, 2018

7 posts in this topic

We are in Japan again.  This time we've seen 4 smarts in 5 days: a blue and grey 450 coupe in Tokyo, a black/black 451 in Tokyo, and these two forfours in Kyoto.  The first two spots were in fast moving traffic, so I could not get the camera ready in time!

41847943781_6ca78e258f_b.jpg

41847943911_6152b924b4_b.jpg

2 people like this

Interesting but it's like when BMW took over the Mini, it just isn't a Smart to me after they drastically changed the shape...to each their own....as it goes with all the small vehicles....Fiat 500 is another example.

We were in Nara today to feed the bambis... and look what was there.  Pulse RHD with black steelies.41821502772_6ca8c376c7_b.jpg

40057161290_1e7a31ef51_b.jpg

1 person likes this

I haven't seen a smart for over a week now but I did see this cutie today.

41176939245_6ac53c465d_h.jpg

We're driving a Toyota Corolla Axio all over Izu Peninsula.

Posted (edited) · Report post

28276887708_2aa6d772fd_b.jpg

We're back home now.  I don't have other smart photos to share but I thought members here could be interested in this:

We rented a Kei-car in Nagano for one day 10 days ago and we did a long tour through the Japanese Alps to the Snow Monkey (Japanese Macaque) Park: Toyota Pixis Joy.  With a 658 cc engine and no turbo, and four up, it was a little slow but was fun to drive.  It's made for Toyota by their subsidiary, Daihatsu. You can see one of our daughters dashing up to read the piste map in the super heavy rain!

The other rental car was kind of boring: a Toyota Corolla Axio sedan.  It definitely was quicker and had more luggage room than the Pixis Joy, but not as fun.  I shared driving duties of both cars with one of our daughters.

42149605221_3153691940_b.jpg

Edited by MikeT
1 person likes this

Those deer cookies are quite tasty btw, however they get a bit upset with you if you start eating one when they are watching.....

The bambis really like acorns.  You can make them do tricks with those.  We did that.