Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leadwing

Looking for feed-back

12 posts in this topic

I have laid out 4 different routes for a car rally along the same idea as the Mystery Run which used to be held annually in Ontario.

I can use any of the four routes that I have personally driven to assure myself and others that there are no gravel roads.  The shortest one is 145kms long and the longest one is 170kms long.

The event would be no charge for an entry fee.  Any money spent by participants would be for any donations at one or two "points of interest" on the route or your own food and/or fuel, of course. There would be no requirement to take part in the various points of interest, but they are there for your enjoyment, much like the Mystery Run.

To make it more accessible to members, it would be held on a Saturday.

If there is no interest, I will keep the routes and use them for other groups of which, I am a member.

As the topic title suggests, I am merely looking for feedback at this time to see if there is enough interest in this for me to go ahead and plan it in more detail.

1 person likes this

Sounds like a plan; would be good if it was in conjunction with the Plunkett show. :)

1 person likes this

Yes you do, where roughly are these routes?  This is why I joined the group to partake in rides etc along with the tech and chatting..lol.

All the routes I know include much gravel from biking  day and weekend riding. If you get as far north as Gravenhurst the roads are spectacular.....

Thanks for the replies so far.

Jwight, that is why I am hoping to do.  Plunkett event on a Thursday, a day to tour any local sights on Friday, then the "Run" on Saturday.

The routes are currently all south of hwy 401 and go as far south as Lake Erie and several small towns in the area.  I may be doing other routes that take me further afield, but not in the immediate future.

2 hours ago, Willys said:

If you get as far north as Gravenhurst the roads are spectacular.....

Willys, my daughter used to live in Parry Sound and I used to go to motorcycle races in North Bay so we know the area well.  We also won a 3 hour tour (cue the Gilligan's Island theme) including dinner aboard the only remaining steam powered ship in North America which is based in Gravenhurst.  Beautiful area, for sure.

1 person likes this

If I am not working, I will be in attendance.

1 person likes this

You might ask John and Elaine ( adelaide J )  for input - they put on some great Ontario drives the last couple of years.

Hey Ron

Elaine and I did some day tripping the last 2yrs after the plunket show with a few American smarties that came up for the Plunket show. We did a backroad run up to goderich and back. Also did the Sparta run up tp port Stanley to port Burwell back through Aylmer to London. Also ran Sarnia south along the st clair river to Dresden and back to London. I would be all for another run similar to the mystery run. There is some interest with some Americans also that we could put the word out to. Let us know what you come up with or need help with.

John & Elaine

1 person likes this

Hey John

I have four routes already laid out and I need to check them out again before I commit to any of them.  There have been reported road wash-outs and bridge closures that might affect the current lay-out.  I have 4 proposed routes already printed out (hard copies) and will start tomorrow on the surveying of them, one by one.

Maybe we could get together sometime soon and go over what I already have, and what new stuff that you could bring to this.  I am open to any and all help.  I have never tried anything like this on my own.

Ron

9 hours ago, Leadwing said:

Hey John

I have four routes already laid out and I need to check them out again before I commit to any of them.  There have been reported road wash-outs and bridge closures that might affect the current lay-out.  I have 4 proposed routes already printed out (hard copies) and will start tomorrow on the surveying of them, one by one.

Maybe we could get together sometime soon and go over what I already have, and what new stuff that you could bring to this.  I am open to any and all help.  I have never tried anything like this on my own.

Ron

Sounds good Ron. We could get together soon and check out these routes and stops. Let me know what works for you. Hard to get away during the week but weekends are good 

I am retired, so almost anytime is good for me.  May 26th is not, but other than that ....................... 

You chose .. I am very flexible

Awesome to see another mystery run!

I will be in ON for my annual cross country road trip from Jul-9-20th. If it falls within those dates, I will be there!