Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mtiqbal

Driving with ABS and ESP warning lights on

4 posts in this topic

Both reluctor rings of my smart car are broken. ABS and ESP warning lights turns and stay on when I drive above 50km/hr. Brakes and everything else works fine according to my observation. I role back on slope. (I usually avoid such roads and live with it). I think driving that is not an issue if you are careful and road is dry.

I just want to fix other lights. I think driving smart car with ABS and ESP light also leads to full front light on and back lights on.  (some one can correct me).  Is there any way to fix front and back lights when driving with ABS and ESP warning lights on?  Thanks

order some rings and change them

the traction control and abs are important on this car 

in the meantime make sure you drive careful and dont do it in rain or snow conditions

depending where you are ...if you get in an accident and they find fault with your car (like non-functioning abs/traction control) you could be held liable

1 person likes this

When one of my reluctor rings cracked, I lived with it, because it did not affect drivability as long as the roads were dry and free of snow and ice. 

Then winter came.

I remember driving into Toronto one day after a snowfall. The trip to the highway was fine, since I was under 60 km/h the whole way. Once I was on the highway, the ESP and ABS lights came on, as expected, after a couple of minutes. Getting off the highway was fine and drama-free. On my way to my destination, I ended up on a side street that had been cleared, but still had a thin layer of packed snow on it. I stopped safely and gently at a stop sign, again without drama, but when I went to pull away... WHEEEEE! The car did a 450° spin, right in the middle of the intersection. It's a good thing there were no other cars around! 

I made an appointment with Glenn to swap my rings ASAP.

1 person likes this