Blaine

451 ED Body Panel Kit

4 posts in this topic

So this morning a BMW pranged our 2014 Smart ED's rear quarter.   A couple of the panels were folded, mutilated and generally abused but the car is still running fine.  The other guy's insurance company is going to cover the repairs :)

While talking to the repair folks I queried whether they'd be ok with me paying extra and getting a full panel kit for the car.   The hood has a bunch of road rash and I figured that all around things would look better with a matching set.  They were generally receptive but wanted me to make sure they'd be ordering the right kit.

Anyone know if there would be a specific part number?

Between me and the repair guy we've had two answers from different MB parts counters. 

1. Not available any longer
  2. There's one for 2012 gasser but not the ED.

The only reason I could see for the 2012 kit not fitting would be the DRL insert on the front.    

I'd appreciate any concrete advice 

Thx

Blaine

2013 and up panels are all the same but I do not believe any of them can be purchased painted from M-B. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, Huronlad said:

2013 and up panels are all the same but I do not believe any of them can be purchased painted from M-B. 

Thanks.   We have black panels so that may not be a problem.   Still, from what I see on ebay the 2012 and prior panels aren't the same, even for the 2-3 I need.