kelaog

Consensus, is my intercooler pooched?

31 posts in this topic

Are these coolers set up like a normal radiator with multiple rows or depths of tubes  so if a few are blocked off or restricted the rest will handle the load?  Damn strong storm here at the present and the dog decides it must go out now..!...be back soon

hard to see in pictures but i think the larger air passages are subdivided internally ..or internal fins

Hmmmm....turbo Klean stuff eh...I have a largish sonic cleaner I can get a 4 barrel carb all but into depth wise but width wise fits.......so now I have to measure this cooler...if i can clean it well enough to allow the epoxy to adhere I'm halfway home.    Glenn, maybe I'll take a leasurely drive your way and grab one to inspect and play with before damaging one of my own...lol. IF it's free that is.....IF someone here can fix one well enough that's a huge bonus...no..?

Sure, for you its free!

1 person likes this

Willys

Be careful you could end up with a side business fixing intercoolers and mufflers.

Nigel

2 people like this

I have my second one off all together now, just a manifold so to speak and I can drive it around and it's not loud so to speak, but I'd hate to hear it at highway speeds...lol...I think any chambered glass pack typed constructed muffler would work just fine. There's plenty of space also.

I just haven't had serious time to search for that specific muffler yet.