smartnhappy

Plunkett’s - Thursday August 02nd, 2018

71 posts in this topic

Heading for the Great White North tomorrow with another US smart.  See you at Plunkett's around 5 pm. :)

1 person likes this

1) Bill

2) John

3) Ron & Dot

4) Larry & Gail

5) Liz & Glenn - unfortunately Liz and I will not be able to attend :cry:

6) Wild!

7) William

8) Todd

9) Willys and hopefully the better half, but it's a long drive but looks like a great time.

10) John and Elaine

11)ETHICAL BEEF.   “Smartzuki” Busa  Powered 1300 cc.

12)

13)

14)

15)

Weather forecast is for a mix of sun and cloud with a high of 26c.  NO rain is forecast.

SIGN-UP

1) Bill

2) John

3) Ron & Dot

4) Larry & Gail

5) Liz & Glenn

6) Wild!

7) William

8) Todd

9) Willys and hopefully the better half, but it's a long drive but looks like a great time. 

10) John and Elaine

11) Kevin

12) Ralph & Monica

13) ETHICAL BEEF.   “Smartzuki” Busa Powered 1300 cc

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, niteshooter said:

Just loading up and heading out from Toronto, weather looks good down here.

Enjoy the meet, decided not to go,  we'll have to get something happening closer to home etc etc...imho.

1 hour ago, Willys said:

Enjoy the meet, decided not to go,  we'll have to get something happening closer to home etc etc...imho.

Unfortunate News. The “Smartzuki” Busa Powered 1300 will be making an appearance. You could have scoped it out to modify one of your Smarties. 

Yes I saw that but, 3 hours each way and then with  time to chat and meet and greet etc etc....I thought better of it.....which was a good thing as it seems both other vehicles here have had something go wrong with them, one's in the shop the other will be going it when this first one comes back out.....augh!!!!   But my Smart still purring along perfectly!

I think there were a dozen cars..... great turnout for holiday season and just before a long weekend.

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.  I’m sure there will be pictures posted.

I know William (Huronlad) enjoyed himself.  He won the event’s 50/50 draw, around $250.

I also hope somebody posts who was there, and where they were from.

Sorry I wasn’t much company..... had pneumonia and felt lousy.  Hadn’t planned to go.

But the lour of a Smartzuki Hiabusa was enough for me to show up, bringing a very dirty Canada1 with me.

Damn that Busa is loud !!  And it’s obviously one of the loves of James’ life.

Was wondering about State & Main, a new restaurant near Wonderland and Oxford for September 04th.

A friend tells me it’s very good.  She and her family were there last week.

The 04th is the day after Labour Day, so maybe we shouldn’t plan to go too far.

Thoughts ??  Suggestions ??  Please exercise your 2 cents worth.

Ciao,

Bill

Edited by smartnhappy
1 person likes this

Close Bill.  There were 13 cars including 2 from Ohio.  All power sources were represented with diesels, gas and electric ... all shined up and someplace to be..

cars  004.JPG Being

Being the old fart that I am, I didn't catch the names of the two other people (driver and passenger) from Ohio, but the ever-shining example of style and grace, John, was the first Ohio participant.

Niteshooter was the longest distance traveler for a Canadian smart participant, coming from Pickering, Ontario.  (Just east of Toronto)

Congratulations to William (HuronLad) on his 50/50 win!

005.JPG

The smartzuki was indeed a pleasure to behold.  I WANT ONE!  Gotta love the sound when James 'pegs' it.  Hopefully, someone else will post a photo of it since I ran out of battery life before I could get a good shot of it.

There was also a smart with a very lovely Honda CBX 6 cylinder in tow with a matching coloured smart.

002.JPG

4 people like this

I never made it out to the Plunkett event while I had my 450 (never would have made it out there in my 451 ED), but it looks like a fun time. I do miss the camaraderie of those meet-ups!

Sorry every one, Had a small family crisis to deal with, that's why I was not present.

Damn....now i do wish i had made the trip....but it happens.....The Smart towing the trailer is great, that proves to me if one can tow that weight I will easily be able to tow my single manned houch across Canada next year with somewhat ease. Great to see they can deal with this weight. Then the clean job of the Smart-Busa is nice to see also.   Maybe one day.....but do you "NEED" all them horses...?   Damn right you do!   Can you imagine the look on  someone's face when they do the usual screw you I'm blowing you away at the light deal and then cut in front of you just to get 9 feet further down the road.....and you do it to them instead...!    Or the smug turd in a stang thinking what a little woman's car and he gets smoked...lol.....OK, I have to stop....or the entire engine will be out by this afternoon in my spare which is suposed to be going the other way, geting put back together...!

Great turn out and sorry I couldn't make it....there needs to be more events just to get more Smarts together as a group....a bit closer to TGA.....just asking is all...lol

Great pics also.

Willy’s just posted.... “”Great turn out and sorry I couldn't make it....there needs to be more events just to get more Smarts together as a group....a bit closer to TGA.....just asking is all...lol””

So.... set up a ‘get together’ in your area.

1) Pick a date..... a Saturday might work best for a one-off event.  Or maybe a Sunday brunch.

Our outings evolved into usually the first Tuesday of every month, after trying every weekday and various dates.

I suggest you post out 3 weeks in advance of the outing, to give plenty of notice to anyone wanting to attend.

2) Pick a restaurant..... GOOD FOOD, lots of parking, convenient access, easy to get to (nothing down town).

3) Pick a time..... Dinner, maybe 5PM start.  Brunch, maybe noon start.

4) Start a sign-up thread like you see us do, with all pertinent info including map or directions and restaurant‘s web site.

5) Make an initial ‘flexable’ reservation with restaurant,  and update it based on sign-up numbers.

If you organize something in the GTA’s west end, you just might see cars from as far away as London show up.

6) Regularly updating your thread with ‘reminder’ posts, to keep the event in front of club members.

7) Enjoy the first event, no matter how many Smarts show up.  Just remember, your ‘next one’ will be bigger and better.

Solicit suggestions on day, date and venue for the next event while at the first one.  Get participation from everyone.

Good luck and have fun !!

2 people like this

Was great to finally meet everyone! That smartzuki was insane! Weather was fantastic, and congrats to William! 

Here's the video of smartzuki, it really is much louder in real life, camera audio cuts volume down to save one's hearing!

3 people like this

But, but,,,,,you'd really need to go for a ride......just to either get it out of your system, or firmly plant it in....lol....now the question is which is the worst....lol...

The hooligan in me says must try it, and the old fart says, but you will be in so much pain tomorrow, walk away!...lol

TheHandyHobbit: Nice pictures man!  Lookin' good

Niteshooter:  Nice video and wonderful photos of the group.

It seems that everyone who went there had a good time.  Those who couldn't make it ... sorry you missed it.

1 person likes this

Just out of curiousity, how did the other car owners see the collection of Smarts.....sometimes these hot rodders can be strange folks when something not older than their first born shows up...lol.  I went to a car show or should say I accidentally fell on one while at a canadian tire run in a village/town near me.....I was leaving and I heard someone suggest I keep on going with that "little car"   not quite in those

words....I had parked away from the show, walked around and then as I was leaving I heard that comment....maybe I didn't ask enough or any questions about their vehicles...??? I I don't know....I get the opposite reaction when driving the Willys to a show...lol...the peg didn't fit in the hole so to speak.

Thanks to everyone who came out to Plunkett's Thursday - great meet up and a mix of old and new faces and cars, even two electric drives!  We ended up with three cars from Ohio - Barry and Linda, John and Robin and Fred (late arrivals), plus Dale and Gay from Kansas.   Couldn't have asked for better weather and hospitality.  It's always a good time visiting Ontario for this August show. :)

4 people like this