Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Willys

radio goes off and on by itself..?

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys and gals....I just installed sirius into the car, love the non stop sound, never need to worry about leaving an area and having to search for a good station to listen to. BUT....and I didn't cut a single wire etc etc....all I did was accidentally figure out how to get the station finder or scanner to work manually so i could get onto 97.9 or whatever station they asked for.......and now it works great for 15 or so seconds then shuts off the sound, waits a longer time then comes back on again....then repeats.....WTF..?   I have pushed everything I can think of trying to get it to stop doing this...can't find anything that mentions it anywhere either.....augh!

The install worked fine, a simple matter of gluing the antena to the roof, run the wires under the carpet up the dash to the radio and same with the power, from cig power outlet to radio...then set radio to whatever station they asked for......nothing else. It worked great for 15 seconds, then shut down.  You don't need to cut any wired or upset the radio in any way, so it must have happened after me hiting so many buttons trying to figure out how to get the radio to operate manual chanel searching...?

The issue now is, how do i fix it.......???

Please help.....all suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

OK, panic over....seems that the TP button was activated......something to do with traffic patrol or something?  I don't know but it's back to normal....

1 person likes this