Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stickman007

Abbotsford area meet up?

10 posts in this topic

Greetings fellow smart car enthusiasts!

I will be travelling from Edmonton to the Abbotsford to pick up a new to me Smart car and was wondering if anybody would like to have a meet up while I'm in town. I'm thinking of Friday evening Jun-15th. Recommendation for a good restaurant as well?

Izzy

I will be in Vancouver that weekend for the Italian and French car show that Sunday.  Can you come to North Vancouver Waterfront park on Sunday?

Unfortunately, I will have to be on the road back to Edmonton 1st thing on Sunday :(

Aww rats.  Well maybe there's a faint home I could come out there Saturday...

The plan right now is to pick up the car on Friday, and maybe hang out around the Abbotsford area. Saturday we will be going into Vancouver to the aquarium and Stanley Park...would definitely love to meet up if you came in on Saturday. If not, I have plans to come to the island sometime in the fall as my wife has not been to the island before and we have close friends in the Nanaimo area.

OK let's do it then!  And have a C-1 photoshoot!

If only I had two! (canada1's, oh, I have had two, just not two at one time!)

If you want to check out a place to eat in Abbotsford, I might suggest Brodeur's on Mt Lehman, look up the menu online.

Unless we actually e-mail people somehow, it is unlikely to get a group together I am afraid... except 3-4 perhaps. I'll try sending a few communications out.

I sent a few e-mails out, but no responses....

We still managed a four car get together and a wheel swap! With just three owners... two of which each owned two smarts each that day! ;)

IMG_20180615_212621379.jpg

And the wheel swap...…! Strikelines on my new passion cab 'on the cheap'! (I added a fair $400 on top to trade my passion 'stylelines' - which ended up on his Grandstyle, which is what they came with originally and look decent on....!)

That makes the passion cab officially a $1500 car after purchase plus tax and wheels... with some maintenance left to do and a few small parts, and a battery likely.

Can't complain about the gremlins too much at that price point. 195,000 kms

strikelines on.jpg