left turn signal works fine front and rear

right signal works fine front and rear

wheels rolling ...engine running

left turn signals work fine front and rear

right turn signal does not light front or rear and gives fast pulse on cluster

any ideas?

was an intermittent problem for a while but now seems to happen all the time

canadian 2005 450 cdi

When you are standing still are the DRLs or headlights on?  If not I suspect a bulb with both filaments touching each other or a bad ground and it is grounding through parking light circuit.  Let us know I when you figure it out.

Nigel

Time to buy that STAR diagnostic machine I fear, looking into it myself...lol...augh...!

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

When you are standing still are the DRLs or headlights on?  If not I suspect a bulb with both filaments touching each other or a bad ground and it is grounding through parking light circuit.  Let us know I when you figure it out.

Nigel

yes...if i drive it then stop the headlights stay on....and the right signal works fine...but rolling or driving just fast flicker and no right signals

1 hour ago, LooseLugNuts said:

left turn signals work fine front and rear

right turn signal does not light front or rear and gives fast pulse on cluster

any ideas?

canadian 2005 450 cdi

My problem is fast left signal and slow right signal, but only when the headlights are on ???

(‘05 450 chi also)

I’m going to replace all the light bulbs in the car to see result.  I’ve tried 4 or 5 of the ‘special’ DOT boxes.

Were these cars designed to die spectacularly in a blaze of glory, or just fall apart ??

Posted (edited) · Report post

37 minutes ago, smartnhappy said:

My problem is fast left signal and slow right signal, but only when the headlights are on ???

(‘05 450 chi also)

I’m going to replace all the light bulbs in the car to see result.  I’ve tried 4 or 5 of the ‘special’ DOT boxes.

Were these cars designed to die spectacularly in a blaze of glory, or just fall apart ??

my headlights (and tail) come on by themself as soon as i drive away...i never actually turn them on unless i need to use the highbeam..or see my speedometer at night ...both of which is rare 

Edited by LooseLugNuts

Posted (edited) · Report post

After repairing a water incursion problem on my SAM which badly corroded the circuit board and some of the pins on the input connectors, I also had a fast turn signal issue.

The problem was fixed by using contact cleaner on the SAM connectors.

Edited by smartdriver
1 person likes this

its been about a year since ive checked my sam connectors (which were surprisingly like new)

i guess ill start with that 

weird thing it worked today just fine on multiple errands

the only thing i did different was yesterday night i went out and was testing if turning the lights on would make it work different...i did notice twice that if lights were on i didnt get the fast flash...

maybe my stalk switch is dirty contacts or something from never turning on the lights and only using it to signal