Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smartnhappy

Tuesday July 03, 2018

15 posts in this topic

It was suggested and agreed upon that we should take a nice drive to Sarnia for the July outing.

The Wharf Fish & Chips‎,  581 Murphy Road,  Sarnia
directions
Once again, Glenn has agreed to fight his sister and brother-in-law for a senior’s discount for everybody.

Ya, many of us are seniors anyway, but just think of how much the youth will benefit. :)

Start time is set back a bit, to 6:45’ish, due to distance travelled.

I borrowed the directions above from the June 2015 post, the last time we went there.

See y’all.

1. Bill

1. Bill
2. Ron & Dot
3. Liz & Glenn.

Hi dear friends, I have been hoping for a Sarnia visit. However, I am rather out of action right now. I was hospitalised on May 11 and eventually diagnosed with pneumonia. I spent until June 5th at the Port Huron McLaren hospital. Now I’m in a rehab place called Marwood getting treatments and rest. Not sure how long it will take, but probably a week or two with at home followup.  Will let you know closer to the date, if I will be able to attend. 

Thanks,

Alberta

Hey Alberta ..... Sorry to hear that you were hospitalized, but rest and proper treatment is what you need right now.  Although it would be great to see you again, please don't do anything to jeopardize your health.  That said, I have my fingers crossed that you can make it.

Ron :bike:

1. Bill
2. Ron & Dot
3. Liz & Glenn.
4. Todd
5. Lu & the Lurker

1. Bill
2. Ron & Dot
3. Liz & Glenn.
4. Todd
5. Lu & the Lurker
6. Larry & Gail

It was a tad on the warm side for the top-down crowd, but a very nice drive to and from our favourite Fish & Chips eatery.

9 happy campers went away stuffed to the eyeballs, some of us (me for sure) almost unable to walk :lol:

The milkshakes are second to none and everything was done to perfection.  I am so happy that this location is on our "We must do this again" list.

I heard no discussion at the time about next month's meet, but will try to get some input soon.  Brain fade .... forgot that this was July and next month is the Plunkett event.

Many thanks to the server who went out of her way to see to our every need.

Hi guys any chance you could come an hour towards Toronto just so us who live 3 hours away can get home before the alarm rings to wake us up to go to work...?   I bet you'd get a few new comers at the table if that's OK...lol

2 hours ago, Huronlad said:

Next month should be the Thursday night Plunkett meet.

You're right William ....... My bad.  I forgot this meet was July ..... duh.  Too much sunshine, I guess.

10 minutes ago, smart142 said:

That's a possibility for Oct.

In Aug its Plunketts…… http://clubsmartcar.com/index.php?/topic/31406-plunkett’s-thursday-august-02nd-2018/

Then in Sept its the Harvestfest Parade in Lambeth.

See this link for more information about the parade / BBQ.  It is held on a Saturday.