Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MikeT

Cycling 2018

35 posts in this topic

One of my hobbies is 'bagging' Ordnance Survey markers, be it trig points, bolts, benchmarks or flush brackets.

Did a quick 18 miles today and bagged a few I've needed for my list. 

I had a slightly ducky tummy, but still went.  Got around OK but probably shouldn't have. 

I'm also a qualified emergency services mountain bike trainer.  I volunteer with Warwickshire Lowland Rescue, and I've just been appointed their bike lead.  Now planning on spending the evening writing a feasibility report. 

DSC_0148.JPG

DSC_0146.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

Edited by Chopper
1 person likes this

By the way, do any of you chaps have Garmin accounts? Let me know if you do and we can link up.

I've squeezed a few more rides in but the weather is shyte and I've got a bug right now.....so far, holding at a mere 2300 km for 2018.....

Nice 16 miler with a friend around Milton Keynes today.  Gentle bimble, first outing for my Winter bike.

Edited by Chopper

Nice, I hope to ride the bike to work twice this week!

Planning to ride to work the next 3 days.  The forecast is dry and mild, so I'd wheeled out the 1983 Claud Butler 531 for the task.

Having a slack month.  Only ridden 212 miles in May, so need to get a few more rides under my belt.

During this nice weather I've been commuting to work off road.  I can get on the bridleways at the edge of our village and not hit tarmac until I get to town, about a mile from work.  Others may like traffic jams and diesel fumes, but commuting for me is a different experience entirely.

jt_HCewflf6BArS94S6SDhe0dZw0VSOax8lJtfgECgY-2048x1536.jpg

yUBMa6139CiADKh0P6NJZPmMnKIThVecDplO2i0Sn4M-2048x1536.jpg

x7c2vG9YyzV4iUot8tZfNNynng4FFAJKklAbRRM4pdA-2048x1536.jpg

Just finished the Granfondo Axel Merckx today.  It was the least prepared I've been in 9 years riding the event with only 600 km of riding since the start of April - longest ride at one time: 52 km - so the 160 km was a tall order. 

I rode within my capabilities and finished. 

My riding partner (brother-in-law) is more fit (I am 110 kg) but he too hadn't trained much this year.  Plus one his Cervélo R5's jockey wheels went bad (it's not an old bike!) and he needed three mechanical sessions at service areas to limp it home.

Nice to have the 9 under the belt!  Next year I will be in a different age category.....