tolsen

Staying warm in a tent

20 posts in this topic

I use my Smart a lot for leisure activities like fishing and hill walking. As always I bring a tent and a boat. 

To keep warm inside the tent I have for more than 40 years survived using a multi fuel Coleman lamp. Recently the lamp suffered its second broken globe glass and regrettably the replacement glass arrived in  broken pieces. 

Being a Smart owner I quickly made my own unbreakable glass. Can be hit with a hammer and there is no damage. New glass made from 304 stainless woven mesh with 51% light opening. 

Cost only a fraction of the cost of a real genuine Coleman glass now made in China despite the efforts of puppet Trump. 

883A4ACC-5496-444B-8EB9-245A451F79F0.jpeg

Hmmm..........naugh........any how......have you better pics of your set up with that trailer etc i see....thanks...

56 minutes ago, Willys said:

Hmmm..........naugh........any how......have you better pics of your set up with that trailer etc i see....thanks...

You want better photo of Puppet Trump?

Have not that but have photo of me in my boat:

EDC86001-00F7-49A3-8438-4C6AD6BDEE37.jpeg

LMFAO...you call that a boat...lol
The engine is interesting  though...lol

The Johnson 2 is tied on with twine. Works fine even in heavy seas.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good thing you aren't planning on gaining much weight I hope...lol....won't take more than a few inches of swell before you go under I think...lol.

I think the engine I had years ago was the same but slightly larger maybe a 2.5 or so, very small....

Edited by Willys

My wee Johnson 2 only once let me down. Its head gasket failed about ten years ago whilst fishing near Applecross on the west coast of Scotland. I rowed to and landed on a small deserted island, made a new head gasket out of mackerel skin and cooked and ate a few mackerels too.  Engine still has the mackerel head gasket. Of course a fully waterproof natural material. Good the motor industry does not use it or mackerel prices would rocket. 

Good to see the sea air hasn't ruined your sense of humor and I can spot FAKE NEWS a mile away.....being a TRUMP supporter...lol

Hmmm, I'll see your Coleman heater and raise you one of these.....

Image result for woman in sleeping bag

Or in his Kilt and smoking his pipe.....puffing alone at the speed of........I'm trying to think of something slow enough to equate it....sea turtle....but I've seen those swim pretty quickly.......Hmmmm.....?

Wrong coloured dingy also, should be a white inflatable which with correct HP stuck onto it, will zip along quite well.....a 9.9HP  will turn that  inflatable into a rocket, we have them around here and WOW!!!!    Do circles around many a boat...lol. Fun too boot!

I'm still keeping my tent heater close by, just in case....lol.

I also have a 9 foot China SIB with plywood floor:

Gairloch7Jul12.jpg

Plus the best looking toes this side of the Atlantic. 

I often carry the Coleman lamp as part of my winter emergency kit. Easy to get snowed in here. 

DSC01989R.jpg

2 people like this

2 hours ago, tolsen said:

I often carry the Coleman lamp as part of my winter emergency kit. Easy to get snowed in here. 

DSC01989R.jpg

I still say my heat source would be better........maybe not as inexpensive, but far more fun.....just to keep you from thinking the worst.....lol.....of your situation that is.......you'd be driving into the unknown far more often I believe.....just to see....

2 hours ago, tolsen said:

I also have a 9 foot China SIB with plywood floor:

Gairloch7Jul12.jpg

Plus the best looking toes this side of the Atlantic. 

Hmmmm...what can i say......politely that is......Glad you think so...?

A few pictures ago someone said they would raise something, I think I have an idea what that is, lol

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Willys said:

Hmmmm...what can i say......politely that is......Glad you think so...?

Clean toes and toe nails.  No athletes disease between toes or in the nails.  All due to frequent washing in soap and water plus shying away from public baths, pools and gyms.  Of course copious application of Daktarin cream and powder from time to time.